Chapter 9: Is that a threat or a promise?

A/N: Sorry for taking long to update. Just been busy. Hope this chapter doesn't bore you to death. Happy reading!

Chapter 9: Is that a threat or a promise?

"So winner gets ten boxes of Oreos," I grin and take out my hand to shake his.

"Yep. So you better get your wallet ready 'cause I'm gonna win," he smirks.

We are in PT and today our instructor decided that we are going to play football and the first team to score a goal, wins. Me and Tristan made a deal that whoever's team loses the match, has to buy the other person ten boxes of Oreos. Best deal, isn't it?

It's an easy way of winning Oreos. I mean, they are a man's favourite cookie and I am addicted to them.

"Positions everyone," Mr Hanson blows his whistle. We take our positions on the field and wait for the sound of the whistle to tell us to begin the match. Jordan is on Tristan's team and Cathy is on mine. My team has the ball.

Mr Hanson blows the whistle and the match begins. Cathy-- who plays center position-- begins to dribble with the ball and I follow her lead. She kicks the ball to me and I see two attackers run to me but with my swift movement, I lift the ball above one of the guys and pass him but the other attacker attempts to trip me but I jump over him and gain control over the ball again.

I manage to reach the goal posts and pass the ball to one of my teammates who I reckon is Danny, but Tristan manages to take the ball. He runs with the ball and I run after him. He passes the ball to Jordan and he begins running to his team's goal posts.

The two continue passing the ball only to each other to make it harder for our team to get the ball, which is pretty smart but selfish since they are the only ones playing, not their whole team.

What happened to team spirit? I guess that doesn't apply to those two.

One of my teammates manages to retrieve the ball and starts running in the direction of our goal posts. He passes the ball to another person who manages to manoeuvre his way through the field and just as he attempts to score, one of Tristan's teammates stops the ball before it goes in and kicks it to the other side of the field.

Great, more running.

Before I could get to the other side, Mr Hanson blows the whistle indicating a goal was scored-- by none other than the idiot himself. Tristan.

His team gloats in victory and shouts praises.

The bell rings indicating the end of schools. We all gather up our bags and go to the locker rooms. I catch to Cath who is walking ahead of me.

"Good game, wasn't it?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yep."

"Wanna hang out today?" I ask.

"Sure, let's just--"

Tristan cuts her off. "Sorry Cathy, but she's stuck with me today. She owes me Oreos and nobody owes me something and gets away with it," he smirks and puts his arm around my shoulder.

Huh, that actually sends electric sparks through my spine.

Wait, what?!

I did not just think that.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," Cathy winks at me and begins to walk away.

"No, wait--" I try to stop her but she is already too far to even hear me. I glare at Tristan.

"What?" He smirks.

"You evil little--"

"Handsome, good looking guy?" He winks at me and a blush creeps on my face, making him laugh.