Chapter 21: Crying is for the weak

I make my way towards my locker after a long day of tedious lessons that made my eyelids heavy, causing me to almost doze off.

But a disturbing image stops me. I catch my breath as I stare ahead, unable to make a single movement. I pray that these are one of those moments when your imagination plays tricks on because of lack of sleep. I pray that this is just an hallucination.

Tristan Wilder and Nicole Simpson are shoving their tongues down each others' throats in front of my locker. Something stings inside of me and I admit it, I'm jealous. My heart feels heavy. I feel hurt and betrayed. I know I shouldn't feel this way because I can't expect Tristan to mirror my feelings.

Nicole, as I've heard, is the school's queen bee. She's a cheerleader, the captain of the cheerleading squad to be exact . Typical. She's every girls' dream and every guy wants her. Now, let's not forget that she's slept with almost all the seniors, some freshmen included. They say she's not a girl to mess with and that she'll make your life a living hell if you dare stand in her way.

All bark but no bite.

Tristan's hand is resting on Nicole's butt that's barely covered by her skimpy clothing she calls a skirt. His other hand is resting on her waist, pulling her closer. Nicole's hands are wrapped around his neck, also tugging small bits of his hair.

If I was the girl I was three years ago, a flood of tears would have already escaped my eyes. But I'm not the same girl anymore. Even if I'm witnessing my crush make out with someone else. I'm stronger than that.

When I was fourteen, I was vulnerable. People found it so easy to bully me. I was the ant that everyone stepped on. I was always the prey. Guys would also beat me up just to see me cry or to make themselves feel good.

Ever since Henry forced me to train, I've never been weak again. I wasn't easy to pick on anymore. I could stand up for myself. A strength inside of me was retrieved from where it had been lost. I was recharged. Rejuvenated.

"You have to stop being so weak. You are stronger than you think you are. Or do you enjoy it when everyone walks over you? Do you like being such a weakling? It's time to fight for yourself!  Stop being such a coward and fight like a man!" His tone causes me to wince. I know he's encouraging me to be strong but his ways of becoming stronger are hard.

I hit the punching bag before me harder. I feel my knuckles start to bleed but I shrug it off. No pain no gain. Beads of sweat travel down my burning and aching body. Training has become so intense this days.

"You have to go and get power and the only way to get it, is to first the have strength. So find the strength in you. Don't cry for anything! Crying won't solve anything. Crying is for the weak." He voice resonates in the gym hall, followed by the sounds of my fists colliding with the punching bag.

"Crying is for the weak," I say to myself.

I walk over to the couple who don't seem to notice my presence and pull Nicole off of Tristan.

"You b**ch!" Nicole attempts slapping me but I catch her hand in time. "Not today. Don't have time for your sh*t." With that, I swing my locker open, gather all my things and shove them in my bag, and walk away after shutting my locker.

"Angel!" Tristan's voice trails behind and his footsteps become louder behind me.

"Leave me alone!" I say and increase my pace. This time, Tristan doesn't bother catching up to me.

...........

Tristan's POV

"Sh*t! I messed up." I say to the guys. "I bet she won't even talk to me." I burry my face in the palms of my hands that are resting on my knees.

"What do you mean?" Greg asks. Greg is one of our friends although we don't attend the same school. We aren't really that close but I know I can rely on him.

"She saw me kissing Nicole." I reply.

We are sitting in my room, me and the guys. I asked them if we could meet up here after what happened with Nicole today.

For some reason it made me feel guitly as hell. I just needed a distraction after seeing how Jordan and Hailey were cosy during lunch. But I didn't mean to hurt her.

"And you're feeling guilty?" Chase asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes," I sigh.

"Dude, you're whipped." Jordan speaks up.

"What?"

"You like her, don't you?" Greg asks.

"No," I shake my head. I couldn't like her. Yes, maybe she is different. Who am I kidding, she is different from any other girl I've met. She doesn't need to try to get your attention, her soothing presence already does the job. She doesn't need layers of make up to look beautiful, her face is perfection on its own. The way her dark brown her cascades down her shoulders captures my attention. Her voice captivates me and I'm unable to use my senses correctly.

"Don't deny it man, we all know you do. We can see it." Chase states.

"Just like you like Kaitlyn, huh?" That shuts him up and a faint blush spreads across his cheeks. I've been observing Chase these days. They way his eyes brighten up at the sight of Kaitlyn or at the mention of her name. He tries to mask his feelings but even the blind can see right through him.

"No I don't," he says. "Besides Jordan already called dibs on her."

"Nope, she's all yours bro. My eye's set on a different girl." Jordan says casually and that sends a jolt of happiness through Chase's eyes.

Now, he's whipped.

"Who bro?" Greg asks Jordan.

"Someone."

"Care to explain?" I urge him to elaborate his sudden crush. Jordan has never had a crush before. Just his usual flings that last no longer than two days. But seeing as how he actually has a crush, makes me ponder. It baffles me to even imagine Jordan in a serious relationship. Maybe people do change.

But who's the mystery girl?

I'm going to find out.

...........

Vote. Comment. Share.

Love ya!