Chapter 23: Please oh Tristan McJerkface

"Guys, meet my new girlfriend, Nicole." Every head turns to stare at Nate and his supposed new girlfriend, Nicole. Wasn't she sucking Tristan's face three days ago?

The memory of them two is still vividly fresh. I eventually slid it under the carpet but that didn't guarantee me forgetting it.

Everyone's nonplussed. Mouths dropped open. Pin drop silence covers the whole table and no one dares to break it.

Nicole stands there with a malicious smirk tugging at her lips. She's enjoying our shocked reactions.

"What?! ," Peyton is the first to break the uncomfortable silence.

"He said I'm his new girlfriend. What are you, deaf?" Nicole's shrill voice answers the question that wasn't even addressed to her.

"I wasn't talking to you, b**ch. I was talking to Nate. So you're actually the deaf one here," Peyton shot back at Nicole, which shut her up.

"When did this happen?" Luke asks with wide eyes.

"Today." Nate replies noncholantly.

"How could you, man?" Luke stands up slamming his palms against the cafeteria table. Everyone's eyes are set on us. Geez, focus on what concerns you people.

"What? You found yourself a girlfriend, so can't I have a chance at having one?" Nate retorts.

"Wow, I actually stooping so low as to try and kiss my girlfriend was the limit, but actually dating the enemy was the worst," Luke spits.

What?!

............

Cliff hanger!

Hope y'alls enjoyed the chappie.

Vote.

I'm kidding, the chapter still goes on!!

I'm just messing with you!

...........

Silence.

That's all that could be heard. Ironic wasn't it.

The once again silence pervaded the cafeteria. So thick, so plausible, that anyone with the most blunt knife can slice right through it.

Words can't seem to form. The scene before us is tense. Peyton bows her head in shame, trying to conceal her almost out break. Kaitlyn throws her arm over her shoulder to comfort her.

Luke's chest rises up and down furiously with every heavy breath and Nate just stands there, unable to accumulate a simple line of words to form a sentence.

As is on cue, the bell signalling the end of lunch break rings, but not makes the simplest of movement.  Not even those in the crowd watching.

"Get a move on people!" Tristan's harsh voice send everyone scrambling to their classes like ants that sense danger.

"Let's go the girl's restrooms," I say to Kaitlyn and Peyton, and they nod simultaneously. We stand up and make our way towards the restrooms, leaving the five guys and a bored Nicole behind.

We enter the room, checking for any signs of girls that may be present. None. Peyton lets out soft sobs that she has been concealing and we hug her with comfort.

"Is all true? What Luke said?" I ask her.

"Yep," she sniffs a bit. "Nate showed up to my house on Tuesday and claimed he had feelings for me. He tried kissing me but I pushed him away. Then I told Luke all about it before he found out himself," she says in between sobs.

"Did he forgive you?" Kaitlyn asks her.

"He knew it wasn't my fault so he didn't hold anything against me. He trusts me."

"Good. 'Cause he would've been a jerk not too." Kaitlyn tries to lighten up the mood and earns a weak smile from Peyton.

"I agree. I would've really left Nate with a broken rib or two, right at that spot." I laugh lightly, but a hint of seriousness is present.

"I would love to see that," Peyton laughs, missing my seriousness.

One day.

"I'm guessing you don't want to go to class?" Kaitlyn asks and Peyton shakes her head.

"Okay. I'll just ask Tristan for the keys to his car then I can take you home." I shrug while digging through my pocket for my phone. I receive stares from the two as if I grew and arm for a leg.

"Will he even allow you?" Kaitlyn blurts out.

"Yep. We made a deal remember? He has no choice." I say and send him a text saying to meet me in the hallway.

"All set." I shove my phone back into my pocket.

"Okaay," Peyton drawls out.

Two minutes later of waiting in the hallways for Tristan, he finally shows up. A look of disbelief plastered on his face, his keys clasped tightly in his hand.

"Took you long enough," I mutter sarcastically.

"Mr T gave me detention because I had to leave his class," he deadpans.

"Ncooh," I coo. "I feel so special. "

"Don't get used to it." He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. Keys," I stick out my hand in front of him.

"Say please oh majestic Tristan," he says in a shrill girly voice.

"Please oh Tristan McJerkface," I mirror his girly voice.

"I'll pretend I didn't here that," his voice is so close to my ears. His lips brush the side of my cheeks when he pulls away from the close proximity, leaving a faint blush covering my cheeks. He puts the keys in my hand and walks away but he stops midway to say, "Don't be late after school. I hate tardiness." He continues to saunter down the hallway.

"Ahem," someone clears their throats, pulling me out of the trance I managed to get in.

"Was that flirting I just witnessed?" Kaitlyn raises a sly eyebrow.

"N-No," I stutter. Ugh, I hate being nervous!

"You like him," Peyton wiggles her eyebrows.

"Weren't you sad a few minutes ago?" I try changing the topic before a tomato becomes jealous.

"There are more important things at hand here," she states, closing her eyes and pointing finger at the ceiling above her.

"So we can stay at school?" I smirk.

"Hell no, we are going home."

Few minutes later and few directions later, we arrive at Peyton's house. Her house is like any other normal house. It's grey paint scheme adds both simplicity and elegance. It's an open plan one story house. The door is already welcoming as it is, but the homely feeling that overwhelms immediately when you set foot in the house, is comforting.

A chandelier hangs right above the dinner table, it's crystals adding to the intricate interior of the room. A cream white colour scheme decorates the interior. Every piece, every furniture is infallible.

We walk to her room and I'm taken aback at how purple her room is. Purple bed covers, purple bedroom mat, purple desk, everything purple.

"Wow, I've never seen such purple in my life," I say in awe.

"It's an addiction." Peyton shrugs nonchalantly.

..............

Vote. Comment. Share.

Love ya!