Chapter 30: P.S. Nothing's wrong

A/N: Hi my lovies! I want to thank you for your awesome support and votes throughout this book, considering it's my first book.

Please keep the votes coming and don't forget to share my book

Anyhoo... continue

Chapter 30: P.S. Nothing's wrong

"How about this one?" Peyton asks, holding a midnight blue dress, that reaches the mid thigh, and hugs all the body curves.

We've been at the mall for the past two hours, and Peyton and Kaitlyn still have not finished with their shopping. We've already went to four clothing stores, Victoria Secret being one of them, and still they have not yet satisfied their need for shopping, even though they each have more than ten bags of clothes already.

"Definitely," Kaitlyn says, nodding at the dress in Peyton's hold.

"Will it make us leave?" I ask sarcastically, receiving a death glare at the lady herself.

"Excuse me, are you ladies fine?" A young lady, probably in her late twenties, asks us. Her ginger red hair falls perfectly along her head, each curl adding volume to it. Her eyes exude the simplest of green, sparkling under the light. Her beautiful smile adding to the picture, completing what would be called a perfect portrait. To sum it all up-- she's stunning. 

"Uhm do you have anything that's casual but formal at the same time?" Kaitlyn asks the lady. Her name's Hilda-- as the name tag reads.

"You mean like, semi-formal?" Hilda asks.

"Yes, but for a teenage girl. I have a date tonight," she smiles. Her smiles contains a beaming aura to it, making it almost plausible. Her eyes light up at the thought of her date, every light reflected by her eyes contains what mankind would call love.

Love is something that I've never really believed in. Only agape love. From your family or friends, not from someone you would call your partner. I know it's weird, but that's what I've grown used to.

What might've triggered it, is my brother's decision to leave at my most vulnerable state. Thinking about it already brings back old tears that I once pushed back to the land of the forgotten, but unfortunately life won't stop happening until you die. Not all things can be forgotten.

So I've discovered that if family can leave you, what about a person that you've only known for a few days, months, or even years?

I know love heals wounds, sometimes even scars that people said could never be healed. People say wounds heal but not scars. It's true, but sometimes love has the ability to do things considered as impossible.

"Earth to Hailey?" A snap of fingers pulls me out of my well of thoughts.

"Huh?" I look up to see Kaitlyn and Peyton giving me curious looks, concern evident in their eyes.

"You okay?" Peyton asks. "You were staring into space and you wouldn't respond for like two minutes."

Was really that deep in thought? I guess that's what happens when you drown in thoughts and a person has to dive to the deepest of blue waters just to haul you out.

"I'm okay," I reply. "I just need to clear my head." I stand up from the black leather couch I've been sitting on this whole time, and leave the clothing store.

My stomach growls with emptiness and the smell of burgers pervading the food court increases my hunger. I spot my favourite food restaurant in the far distance and I waste not a single second more and head in its direction.

I reach McDonald's and a very tall and handsome cashier greets. "Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?" His voice is almost as deep as the ocean. His appearance gives off no sign of being old-- his probably in his early twenties. His slender frame doesn't make him look less handsome. His blonde hair sticks out in different directions, indicating than a hand has raked it a couple of times.

"I'd like a big mac with extra fries with orange flavoured soda, please." I smile kindly at him.

"Okay, your order will be ready in fifteen minutes." He hands me a ticket showing my order number and I thank him before leaving to sit at one of the tables.

I feel a sudden vibration in my back pocket and I immediately reach for my phone, and I read the message flashed across the screen.

Mom:
Come home ASAP.

P.S. Nothing's wrong :)

I smile at how my mom knows how I was going to react to the urgency in her message, therefore telling me that everything's fine.

I get up from my seat and ask the same guy who took my order, to cancel it. I start walking to the mall exit, but I stop in my tracks.

It's them.

.............