Chapter 33: I know you know

HERE'S AN UPDATE MY FELLOW WATTPADIANS. I'M SUPPOSED BE STUDYING BUT DECIDED TO UPDATE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME SUPPORT AND VOTES, BUT BE SURE TO SHARE THIS STORY.

ANYHOO, continue.

Chapter 33: I know you know

We remain still, Tristan and I, utterly forgetting the instruction we had received.

I'll be staying here for a full month?

Why?

And my parents didn't tell me why?

"It's okay dear, I'm sure having a teenage girl for once in the house is going to be fun," Lizzy slightly chuckles.

"Sorry to interrupt," I say to catch their attention, "but how come I was never told about this?" I ask.

"Because, you would have never agreed. So instead, I packed everything you'll need for the next month and made you come to dinner with us." My mother says proudly at the achievement of her, may I say devious, plan.

That woman knows me too well.

Maybe I can at least get a little cosy with the fine specimen standing--

What am I saying?

"So, Tristan will take your bags upstairs, okay?" Lizzy asks me.

"Okay," I reply obliviously.

I don't want to live with this wonderful creation under the same roof! He's a distraction!

I thought you were angry at him? My brain says.

I am you idiot!

You just called yourself an idiot. Hahaha.

Shut up!

"Okay, I guess I'll see you soon." My mother kisses my cheek.

Fine, see you soon too. Wait what?

"Wait what?!," I audibly repeat, since I first said that in my mind.

"I'll see you in the car Frank!" With that, my mother gives Lizzy the last warm embrace and heads out of the dinning room, probably seeing herself out already.

My father and Lucas exchange final greetings, followed by the typical manly hug. Before mirroring my mother's actions, he sends me a quick kiss on the cheek and whispers, "I left you 5000 dollars in your bank account. Use it wisely." And he leaves.

What just happened?

..................

"Anything else I still need to fetch?" Tristan asks, dropping my last bag on the bedroom floor. My mother packed my whole closet.

"Nope. You can leave." I say, standing next to the door.

The bedroom I'll be sleeping in for the next month is really spacious. A chandelier dances above us, hanging gracefully from the ceiling. A grey colour scheme decorates the room, with some blue and white. A dark brown vanity lies next to my king sized bed, which is covered with soft, blue and white linen.

These people are wealthy.
My parents are rich as well, but not this rich.

Tristan stops right at the threshold of the room and stares at me.

"What?" I ask flatly. The tension between us hasn't cleared. It's nerve wrecking, especially since we're under the same roof. I don't know if I'll cope with all this tension and anger, but let's just hope I'll do.

"I know you know." He says sternly, keeping direct contact with my eyes.

"So? Should I care?" I retort.