almighty || twenty-one

It was finally the day where neither of us had anything to worry about. Everyone wore their normal human clothes while having Brunch. Oh and Alfred is here too.

"I never understood the concept of Brunch." Barry says as he stuffs his mouth with a burger.

I took a sip of my iced coffee, "It's just a fancy term."

We didn't look like we stopped the world from ending, We looked like a group of friends enjoying their food. Nobody really noticed the red light at the center of Victor's chest that could be seen through his gray hoodie so that's also a plus.

I pull out plane tickets from my pocket and secretly showed them to Arthur.

"What are those?"
"You're meeting my parents."
"Why can't we just go to the ocean?"
"I don't want to do that again."

Clark wipes his mouth with a tissue and smirked, "Who's paying?"
Everyone—including Alfred responded with, "Bruce."

Bruce rolled his eyes and raised his hand for the bill.

"I'm going back to my sculpture." Diana says,
"I'm going home with Alfred to continue work." Bruce adds,
"I'm going to hang out with my dad." Victor adds, followed by a nudge from Barry, "—and Barry."
"I'm travelling to my parents." I add,
"I'm going back to Atlantis." Arthur lied.

"Only you know about it." I whispered to Barry, He does a mouth zipper action making me laugh.

Bruce pays for Brunch and we all stand up from our seats, "'Till the next mission."

"'Till the next mission!"The rest of us responds in unison.

——

Arthur and I arrive at my loft and immediately went for the couch.
I swipe a thick blanket from the side of the couch and lay it on top of us.

He wraps an arm around me as I turn on the tv.
"I'm so excited for you to meet them." I squeal.

"What if they don't like me?"
"A guy who brings fish to his people after the King Tide? Why would they not?"

———————————————

A/N:
you know what to doooo and as I said this book will be ending soon 💘

✨💖, PigeonSeb