Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto but the plot is mine.

(Edited)

"My successor will be.....Uchiha Sasuke!" Tsunade declared

People cheered as the mentioned boy, no man, look surprise at that as he was immediately bombarded with praise, pats, and congratulate him. His friends were grinning and the villagers and Shinobis cheered his name. Sasuke searched the crowd for his blonde teammate, he was smug about getting the title but for some reason it felt wrong. He finally saw the blonde who gave him a smile and thumbs up before walking away. Sasuke was about to call for him when Sakura jump in his line of sight. Naruto looked up and stared at Tsunade who looked away in shame, Naruto was hurt, there is no questioning it, he was betrayed but Naruto somehow knew that maybe...just maybe...he doesn't deserve the title, that he couldn't reach his dream like what the villagers told him. With a heavy heart, Naruto head to the Hokage's office. He knocked softly.

"Come in" was heard from Tsunade as Naruto twisted open the doorknob. Inside was Shizune, Kakashi, Iruka, and of course Tsunade.

"Naruto....what are you doing here?" Tsunade asked, she could not bare to look at the blonde as did Shizune, Kakashi, and Iruka.

"I'm done" Naruto simply said making the four looked at him in confusion. Naruto simply smiled as he reached out and took the headband from his head and folded it before placing it in Tsunade's desk making the four's eyes widen in shock.

"B-But you just acquired the rank of Jonin! Naruto what are you trying to say?" Iruka choked on his breath when Naruto looked away biting his lip and took a deep breath

"I have a patience of a Saint even if I did not show it. I have endure things that would make normal people cried out and died in the process. I have a heavy burden that was slowly crushing me yet I did not complain. I have people who turned their back on me many times I couldn't even count yet I still forgave them." Naruto began

"Naruto...if it-" Tsunade began but Naruto shook his head and raised his hand to cut her off and let her speak

"I think it's time for me to step down. I have down my part and completed what the Prophecy had foretold. I can't do it anymore...I need a break once in a while too" Naruto smiled sadly

"What are you saying Naruto?" Kakashi asked.

Naruto took out his old orange and black jumpsuit that was neatly folded as he flicked his wrist, a cloud of smoke surrounded him and when it cleared, he was wearing the same clothes as he placed the Jonin uniform that was not on the scroll next to his Headband.

"I may have the strength and power unlike any other and have an insane and off charts stamina, but despite that I'm only human. Like other people, I get tired too. It's time for me to stand back." Naruto said bitterly

"Bu-but Naruto...what about your nindo...your ninja way?" Iruka asked trying to get the blonde to change his mind

"I'm doing the only thing I did not do or even think about ever since....forever...I'm.... I give up" Naruto said causing their eyes to turned wide and looked horrified.

Tsunade was about to protest but when she saw the state Naruto was in, his emotions were rolling off in waves without his happy go lucky mask holding it back. Tsunade had no right on stopping the blonde as he finally bowed down.

"It was nice to work with you and serve you" Naruto said before he stood straight and made his way out of the office leaving the stunned occupants behind

And the very next day Uzumaki Naruto was gone, with no trace left behind. At first the villagers celebrated but as 5 years went by it had dulled until it stopped.

Konoha 11 were saddened about Naruto's sudden departure without saying goodbye. No one knows why Naruto suddenly disappeared or if he was still a ninja other that the four occupants on that day. Tsunade did not announced it. Even the hunter nin were empty handed.

Sasuke also refused to become Hokage. His conscience was filled with guilt and anger, he thought that it was that damn tittle that drove his teammate, and dare I say, best friend away.

Many things happened during the duration of 5 years.

Former Rookie Nine was already 25 years old and Neji, Lee, and Tenten are age 26.

From Team 7; Kakashi is more distant than usual, always talking to the Memorial Stone. Sakura is now working in the Hospital to take her mind off of her Teammate that had been missing for 5 years and from everywhere she looked she could see the blonde and it getting into her. Sasuke is now always working his ass off, became an ANBU Captain and if on a mission he would at least try and find the blonde while he's at it but like the Hunter nins, he was empty handed. Sai was sad and bored that he didn't have someone so easily riled up like Naruto to annoy, he also missed the blonde's antics and he's not going to deny that.

From Team 8; Kiba is more brash and loud than usual and is complaining about Naruto disappearing out of thin air and had jokingly remarked that he would have a punched the blonde if the Inuzaka caught a whiff on his trail. Hinata(Who was wearing Genjutsu Hinata's revealing outfit) was surprisingly cold and distant. She had change drastically out of all of them. If someone bad mouthed Naruto or even dare speak his name in an unpleasant way, a glare infused with her Byakugan and a Gentle Fist, that would sent them flying like they were punched by Senju Tsunade herself, that would sent them to the Hospital for weeks would be the result. Everyone was shocked at the behavior of the Hyuuga and they learned not to talk about Naruto in her presence, she also had achieve the Heiress title as she defeated Hanabi without even trying...

Flashback

Hinata stood calmly in front of Hanabi who rushed to try and attack her, Hinata simply swat her sister away like she was a mere bug that sent her crashing to the wall and unconscious. Hinata activate her Byakugan and glared at her father and the Elders who were shocked and unnerved at her gaze.

"Like I said" Hinata spat, glaring harder on the elders and her father

"I am not in the mood to fight. Force me again and I won't hesitate to send your sorry asses to the hospital for months and dare I say it I would make it a year...I hope you will not test my words, otherwise there will be consequences" Hinata sneered coldly as she turned and walked away with hands on her pockets and shove the dumbfounded Neji away from the door and exited it herself.

Flashback Ends

Shino haven't change at all, just lonely without Naruto causing a commotion around.

In Team 8; Lee was upset but strive to train even harder to try and find Naruto and challenge him in a spar. Neji...was sad and was curious on what drove Naruto away aside from the very obvious reasons. Tenten missed the hyperactive blonde and his tendency to make people laugh, she may not be that close with Naruto but she still missed him.

Team 10; Choji was sad that there would be no one to match him and shared ramen with him other than Naruto who was now gone. Ino was sad as well. Shikamaru thought he was such a drag and troublesome but he was also missed the blonde.

It seemed that the sun is dully shining down on them, as if disappointed on their behaviour. It turns out, Naruto was always there for them but they weren't there for him. They really did took him for granted and now look what happened.....

Konoha wasn't always the same when Uzumaki Naruto left and that got them thinking.

"Where are you Naruto?"