Chapter 17

Chapter 17

   Jason sat next to me, as I stared down at the ground. My brother wrapped an arm around my shoulders, squeezing gently. "He misses you."

"I'm not so sure." I whispered back. "You should have seen the way that he looked at me. It was almost as if I wasn't there." I rubbed my fingers together. What was I thinking? There was no way that Vane would take me back now. I had been a whore, a bitch, and I wasn't worthy of him. And here I was thinking that he was never worthy of me. He had been cruel and heartless, never once allowing me to think that he would ever actually want to be with me. I had never been so wrong.

Jason frowned and leaned back against the wall. "He misses you. He may not take you back, but he definitely misses you. And you know what? If he doesn't take you back, I don't blame him. You treated him like shit. You locked yourself away. And then you walked out on him. I wouldn't take your ass back either."

"I'm scared."

My brother sighed heavily. "You are always full of excuses, aren't you?" I was taken aback for a moment. I quickly just shrugged it off. "Get your ass over there and talk to him. Now."

"But what if-"

"Just fucking go, Sinclair." Jason just laughed and shook his head, standing up and shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'm about to have company anyway."

* * * * * * * *

I knocked on Vane's door with a trembling hand. What was I even doing there? This was not a good idea. It wasn't long before the door swung open.

I stared up at Vane, my heart thundering in my chest. "Vane..."

"What are you doing here?" He asked, scrunching up his eyebrows. "I haven't seem you since that day at the restaurant."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I wasn't planning on saying what came out of my mouth. "I love you."

"What?"

I took a deep breath. "I love you, Vane. I ran out because I was scared and didn't want to be hurt again. But I hurt worse when I'm not with you."

"Did you come all the way here just to say that?" He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You're just wasting your time. You walked out on me. That hurt. Not to mention that I was already in pain. Do you expect everything to just be okay?"

I shrugged. "Yes. You told me you loved me. Did that change?"

"No." He answered, sighing. "But I don't trust you not to walk out again. It's always easier the second time."

I reached out and took his hand. "I'm not walking out again. I need you in my life."

"Keegan..." He looked down at my wrist, tracing the tattoo gently. "I need you. But I don't trust you."

I looked at him for a moment before walking into his house, closing the front door. "We can learn to trust each other."

"I don't know." Suddenly, my lips were on his and my arms were thrown around his shoulders. He gripped my waist in his hands, kissing me back.

He gasped and pulled away. "Don't. Don't mess with me."

"I'm not messing with you." I said, staring up at him with wide eyes. He swallowed hard and turned his back to me. "Vane please!"

I saw his shoulders slump slightly. "Please, don't do this, Sinclair. I don't want to take you back only to lose you again."

"You won't!" I yelled, tears welling up in my eyes. "I love you. I need you. I want you. I want everything that comes with you. If that means having another baby with you, then I will. Gladly. If that means getting down on my knees and groveling for you, then I will. I love you and I don't want to walk away from you anymore."

He looked over his shoulder at me warily. "Are you sure about that? Are you sure that you want me and the life that comes along with me?" I nodded eagerly, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Then you better prove it."

"I will. I'll spend every day of the rest of my life trying to prove to you that I need you. I don't know what life is without you."

He gave me a sad smile. "It took you long enough to figure it out."

"I think I had to figure me out first."