Chapter 21

Hey, everyone. I am really sorry about how long it is taking for updates,but I am currently working on editing chapters of this story to make them longer and add more content! This chapter is very short, but it is a transition chapter that I posted so that you guys would have a little something while I work on the story. I have been very busy with my pregnancy and school and work, so I appreciate your patience! I love you guys and hope to have a new and improved version of this story for you guys soon!

-Adria

Chapter 20

Vane wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. His fingers trailed circles on my bare arm as he rested his head on top of mine. “The doctor said that Jason will be okay. Though, I have to say that the attack worries me. I didn’t know that your ex would be so persistent on getting you back.”

“I didn’t either. It’s the last thing that I thought would ever happen. I just didn’t want to believe she was that crazy, I guess.” Vane pulled away from me and gave me a small smile.

“Why don’t we go to bed so you can get some sleep?” I nodded and took his hand, letting him lead me to the bedroom.

Once there, he turned me toward him and brushed my cheek with the back of his hand. I let out a breath and closed my eyes, leaning into his touch. He removed his fingers from my face and slowly removed my clothes. It surprised me how he took his time and ran his hands over my bare skin. “Vane…” I whispered.

“Don’t worry. This isn’t about sex for me. This is about letting you relax. This is about loving you.” He kissed me once, and I smiled softly. “Turn around.”

I did, and I felt his fingers unhook my bra. It fell to the floor and I kicked it away. Vane’s lips brushed my shoulder and he hooked his thumbs in the tops of my underwear, tugging them down my legs. When I was fully undressed, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me fully against his clothed body.

“Vane, I love you.” I said, sinking into his body. Suddenly, I wasn’t thinking about Thalia. I was thinking about the man that held me in his arms.

I felt him smile against my shoulder. “I know you do.” He pulled me backwards until we both fell against the bed. I laughed as he turned me around to face him. Staring into his eyes, my mind began to wander into dangerous places. “Sin? What’s going on in your head?” He asked.

“I want to have another baby with you.” I saw his eyes widen slightly, and the corners of his mouth twitched slightly. “But we can’t.”

His face fell immediately. “Why can’t we?” His grip on my body had tightened.

“As long as Thalia is around, we can’t put our baby in danger. It kills me to think that she could have you or my brother killed, but what would happen if she harmed our child?” Vane pulled me in closer to his body and smoothed my hair with his hand.

He sighed. “There are ways to take care of her, Sin. You know I have connections. But you really need to consider this. I don’t know if you could forgive yourself.”

“I… I probably wouldn’t. But I need to protect my family.” We didn’t say anything to each other after that. Nothing needed to be said. It was a silent agreement made between the two of us.

Vane cupped the back of my neck and pulled me in for a gentle kiss. It rocked me to my core and I threw my arms around him. He rolled over so that his body covered mine and just kept kissing me, showing me that he really did love me. Even with all of my faults, the man on top of me loved me without even having to say it.