Chapter 7

This is just a transition chapter, short sweet and to the point! the next chapter will be longer and should be up in the next day or two! Tell me what you all think my lovelies <3 Oh! And if you like hot, forbidden romance, check out my new story 'Her Hunters'. Frequent updates and pre-written chapters. I hope to hear from you all!

Chapter Seven

“How did your meetings go?” I slowly chewed my food, eyes flickering to Vane as he spoke. He took a bite of his steak, watching me slowly. I watched as he chewed, my mind running a bit wild.

I just shrugged and scooped up a bite of mashed potatoes before answering. “Great, I guess. I have more meetings next week to find a studio space to work on my designs and all of that fun stuff.” I trailed off and looked down at my plate, feeling a bit uncomfortable. “Thank you.”

“You don’t have to keep thanking me.” He laughed and then slowly trailed off, frowning slightly. “What’s wrong?” When I didn’t answer, he pressed further. “Sin, talk to me?”

I sighed and set down my fork, resting my chin in my hands. “It’s nothing. Really.”

“I do not believe you. Just talk to me.” Vane reached across the table and took my hand in his. “Sin…?”

I took another deep breath and squeezed his hand in mine. “Thalia is angry with me, all because I will not be with her anymore. I respect you too much to go against your wishes.” Vane’s eyebrows shot up. “If this partnership is going to work, we have to respect each other.”

“You’re right about that, but I want you to be happy.” His cheeks darkened slightly. “You’ve been with me for almost three weeks and I know that you won’t do anything reckless. I trust you if you decide you want to see Thalia. It isn’t like she can get you pregnant, right?”

I laughed to myself, shaking my head slightly. “I don’t think I want to see her anymore.”

“Why not?” His grip tightened on my hand and I winced, wiggling my fingers. “I am giving you permission to see her.”

I blushed and shrugged. “I just don’t want to. I-” Vane’s hand suddenly reached up and cupped the back of my neck, pulling me into a rough kiss.

I went still with shock, revelling in the feel of his mouth on mine. Very slowly, I melted into the kiss, moaning slightly as I reached out and wrapped my fingers in his hair. Vane’s mouth fed at my own violently, and my tongue flicked out to lap at his bottom lip. He moaned and pulled away slowly, breathing harder.

“You’ve never kissed me before…” I whispered, shivering as I sat back in the chair. My heart pounded in my chest, almost as if it wanted to break through my ribcage. “I thought you were against kissing…”

He smirked. “I am, but… I have been testing you this entire time. Our child will need a mother that can be faithful to me, as I would be faithful to her. Now that you have passed my tests, things will change.”

“But you’ve been so cold and harsh. I thought that you were just using me.” I explained, scratching the back of my head.

He shook his head, giving me a strained expression. “I was testing you, Sinclair. If you can put up with me treating you badly, then you and I can make it through anything. I just had to make sure that you had a strong will.”

“I guess I can understand that.” I mumbled, looking up at him through my lashes. “But I don’t appreciate being analyzed.”

He frowned to himself, and sighed. “I am sorry about that. And I am really sorry that you thought I was just using you. I care about you, I really do.” He stood and walked around the table to scoop me up in his arms. “May I take you to bed?”

“I don’t know, Vane. I am still thinking.” He kissed me again as a sign for me to shut up. I groaned and shivered, wrapping my arms around his neck eagerly.

He growled. “Please?” I moaned and kissed him back, trembling gently.

“Wait, wait. What day is it?” I asked, pulling my mouth away from his.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. “It’s the twentieth.” My eyes widened and I hopped out of his arms. “Whoa, what got into you?”

“I’m late!” I said, running toward the bedroom. I grabbed a calendar off of my desk, flipping through the pages. “I was supposed to start my period three days ago.”

He followed me into the room. “Wait, really? Do you think-”

“Yes. I do think. I have never been late before.” My hand fluttered down to rest on my stomach and I smiled weakly. “I will need to take a test to be sure, but I think it is very, very possible.”

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and held me to his body. “I can get you into the doctor first thing in the morning, alright? But we would have to be extremely lucky for you to be pregnant the first month we try to make a baby.”

“Yeah, well, luck seems to be on my side, doesn’t it?”