Chapter 4

Chapter Four:

I stayed up all night packing, making sure that I had everything I would need when I moved into Vane’s place. I had packed all of my clothes, my pictures, and a few other comforts that I wanted with me and neatly stacked everything in boxes. If there was anything else that I wanted, I was sure that I could come back to get it when I wasn’t on such a time limit. Hell, maybe I could even enlist Vane’s help. I smirked at the thought. I couldn’t picture Mr. Perfect Billionaire doing anything himself. He would probably just hire movers to finish moving all of my things, but the thought didn’t settle well with me.

Yawning, I taped up the last box, staring at the clock. Was it seriously already seven o’clock in the morning? I groaned and plopped down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Watching the fan overhead spin, my eyes began to flutter shut. I picked up my phone and texted Vane, letting him know that I was all packed.

He quickly responded saying that he was on his way to come get me. I frowned and sighed, closing my eyes again. Maybe I could get in a quick cat nap before he got here. Lord knows that I needed it.

Half an hour passed, or at least that’s what it felt like, and there was a knock at the door. I groaned, reluctantly standing up and trudging into the living room to open the door. Van stood in the doorway in a pair of grey sweats and a black muscle shirt that allowed his muscled to be showed off. My mouth watered slightly at the sight of him, but my exhaustion ruined the moment. “I thought I was coming to your house this afternoon, you know.”

“Yes, I am aware that is what I said, but since you have finished packing, there is no need for us to wait.” He gave me a small smile and brushed past me into the living room. I grumbled under my breath at his intrusiveness, but just shook it off. “Are all of your boxes in your bedroom?”

I nodded, covering my mouth as yet another yawn escaped. “Yes. I figured that we could come back for everything else later on. I didn’t have the time to pack everything I wanted to take, just the things I couldn’t leave behind.” He grunted and made his way toward my bedroom with me hot on his heels. “There are only five boxes, but a few of them are really heavy.”

“Then you will carry the lighter ones.” Vane scooped up the first box, grunting slightly with the weight of it.

How did he do that? The box he was carrying had to have been up to sixty pounds, possibly even more. He made it look effortless. “I can carry the heavy ones. I was just warning you.” I said lamely, picking up one of the lighter boxes.

“I told you to carry the light boxes, and that is final.” He shot me an annoyed glare and walked out the front door, my dog Lulu right at his feet.

Frustration coursed through me and I sighed. “Fine.”

* * * * * * * * *

Vane had helped me carry my boxes to his spare bedroom, which was certainly larger than my Master bedroom at home. A large king-size bed sat along the western wall of the room, adorned by black silk sheets and a white duvet comforter. The closet door was open, revealing a large walk-in closet that I was practically drooling over. Not that I had enough clothes to fill a closet that large…

“Do you like it?” I jumped, having forgotten that Vane was standing right behind me, watching me with an expression so intense that I immediately felt self conscious. I nodded, cheeks flaming. He smiled at me again. “The reason I gave you this room instead of the larger room downstairs is because through the bathroom, you can get to the room I am going to turn into a nursery. I am debating whether or not I should build a door between my room and the nursery, in case you can not get to the baby.”

I rubbed my hands together, listening to what he said. “You won’t get any complaints from me.” I whispered, unsure what else to say. I was not enjoying being in the same room as him, especially after last night. I couldn’t remember ever being so emotionally damaged after sex… But Vane Hanson had a way of building women up and tearing them down. “Vane, may I ask you a question?”

“Sure.” He replied curtly, ripping open one of my boxes to unpack it.

I took a deep, steady breath. “Would you care if I took a female lover?” The box opener fell from his hands, clattering on the hardwood floors. His eyes darkened and snapped to me, making my heart hammer in fear. Vane wasn’t the type of man to actually hurt a woman was he?

“You may not take on any lovers, male or female, while you and I are trying to conceive.” With a grunt, he picked the box opener up and quickly opened the other boxes. With a troubled expression, he stopped and stood up straight, facing me. “Why would you want to take on a lesbian lover anyway?”

I blushed and shifted my weight. “I just…” I trailed off, not wanting to anger him. He gave me an angered look, which brought forth my answer. “I need sexual gratification, Vane. Last night was no good for me, and quite frankly, I felt used and abused.”

“You know that we are trying to accomplish something, Sinclair.” He growled, eyes blazing with anger, and something else that I couldn’t identify.

I groaned in frustration and threw my hands up. “I know this, but it does not mean that you can’t take your time! We can accomplish our goal and enjoy it as well, but you will have to take your time with me. Last night, I felt neglected and I never want to feel like that again.” Hot tears spilled down my cheeks and I stared down at my feet. “I want to be respected and cared about.” Vane’s expression hardened and he dropped the box opener on the dresser.

“You can finish up in here.” He said quietly. “I will see you at dinner.”