Crossed Directions - Chapter 11: The time of our lives?

ALICE POV

“Well, well, well where the hell you were guys?” A very pissed off Viviane said. She just stood there waiting for an answer while Aunt Shelby fed some pigeons.

“Do you know who One Direction is?” Mary said looking super serious.

“Duh, who doesn’t?” Viviane replied, annoyed.

“What do you think of them?” Mary said.

“They sing well but they are too young for me.” Viviane said with airs of superiority for being older.

“What the hell Viviane? You are in your early twenties and they are around that age too! Why do you want older guys? For the love of god.” I said, losing control of my recent acquired serenity.

For a response she just rolled her eyes. Then she began again.

“So, I know who they are. Why did you ask me that?”

“Yeah, we met them a few minutes ago.” I said coolly.

I couldn’t contain my sarcasm as I watched Viviane’s face turn different shades of purple and her eyes grow wide open until they looked like plates.

“But since you think they are too young for you we won’t invite you to Club Euphoria today with them…”

“NO! I take it all back! I love them! OMG ! What are we gonna wear? OM…” She started but couldn’t finish.

A fat pigeon had fled over her… let’s just said the bread Aunt Shelby was feeding her (or him don’t know, I just called him Becky) with wasn’t good for her digestive system and she had to expulse it out.

Poor Becky almost died when Viviane started screaming and moving her arms like crazy. Epic moment. That is what karma is, you talk bad about One Direction and you will end with birdpoop on your hair.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

After the bird incident we went straight to the flat. Surprisingly, Aunt Shelby let us all go to the club, trusting her “beloved and responsible daughter” Viviane. Yeah, she would get drunk. Just kidding, I think…

We had to begin choosing our outfits and preparing ourselves early even though the boys were going to pick us like in four hours.

We decided on choosing our outfits first. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to wear. Mary had sat on the floor looking through her luggage for something to wear.

“I need cousin’s advice!! Come here you fashion guru!” I yelled, hoping Viviane would hear my pledges.

She came stumbling to my room several moments later wearing the most gorgeous dress I have ever seen.

“So what do you think?” she said while doing a model pose.

“IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZAYN!” I shrieked.

It was true. It was gold and black. It was just a simple cocktail dress with a belt but it had something that made it spectacular. The dress was covered in sequins, making it shine every time Viviane moved. This was the perfect dress for dancing.

“That’s not fair! You look stunning and I don’t even know what to wear!” I pouted.

She motioned me to follow her and so I did. Viviane led me to her room and then to her closet. There, she showed a dress as beautiful as the first. It was a black detailed dress with the sleeves cut in a special way I don’t even know how to describe. It was perfect for me. The long was just right enough for not being too long or too short.