Crossed Directions - Chapter 20: It's on

Chapter 20: It’s on

ALICE POV:

Immediately, after Tina opened the door, she came running towards us. Aunt Shelby, who came walking out of the kitchen, looked puzzled as Tina’s behavior.

“Girls, this is my friend John. John these are Alice, Mary the birthday girl, and Tina.” Aunt Shelby said while pointing to each one of us.

John was a decent middle-aged man. He smiled at each one of us, apparently not noticing how shaky Tina was and then wished Mary a happy birthday.

“Where is Chip?” Aunt Shelby, who became a lot happier as soon as her guest arrived, asked John as they headed to the kitchen.

However, we couldn’t hear what John answered because they were already out of hearing range. I turned around to look at Tina with a suspicious look. She was now more calmed down but I could still hear her breathing a little shaky.

“He was the man I told Harry about. He was in the amusement park talking to a squirrel behind a bush. That is creepy guys!”

We looked at her without knowing what to say so we just hugged her. Right on time, the bell rang one more time and as soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by five grinning boys and a very beautiful girl.

“Let’s get this party started!”

MARY POV:

After we were all settled, and introduced to Danielle, we began doing out own thing. Roman’s Revenge, my favorite song, was blasting in the speakers and we were all kind of chilling out except for Aunt Shelby and John who were in the kitchen gossiping. There were bowls of Cheetos and Doritos on the table and also an onion cream dip, which happens to be my favorite. It was the perfect lazy party mood.

“So, what are we doing first birthday girl?” Niall asked while putting an arm around me. Strangely enough, I didn’t blush or anything like that.

“Can you open our presents?” Louis asked giving me puppy eyes.

I had completely forgotten about that. Nicely enough, there was a pile of gifts next to the table. Smiling slowly, I sat next to the pile and grabbed the first gift.

“That’s from me!” Harry shouted excitedly.

I examined carefully the gift before opening. It was a small box wrapped in smooth red paper.

“Open it!” Harry demanded.

Taking a deep breath, I began tearing down the paper. It was a jewelry box, and when I opened I saw a beautiful gold necklace.

“Look.” Harry, who was now sat next to me, showed me that it opened. It was a secret compartment necklace! Inside, there was a little paper that read “Happy Birthday Mary- Harry”.

“Thanks Harry!” I said while wrapping my arms around him and kissing him on the cheek.

Then came the other presents… I started picking up randomly each present, opening it, and then hugging and kissing whoever bought it to me until there were only two presents left.

Zayn had gotten me a black blouse with cut-out hearts on the back. Niall gave me a pink sparkly backpack from Victoria’s Secret. Tina bought me a Pink t-shirt. Liam and Danielle got me some beautiful turquoise Uggs. Lastly, Cheeky Louis had bought me a pillow with his face on it, it isn’t necessary to say his gift caused us a fit of laughter.

Then, I opened Viviane’s and Aunt Shelby’s gift. It was a gorgeous comfy sweater that had Union Jack pocket. Smiling, I thanked them both. Now there was only one present left.