Crossed Directions - Chapter 16: Scooby Doo and Tina

ALICE POV:

“ALICE, I need your help!” A voice called from an unknown place out of the bathroom.

Quickly, I reached for my pink towel and began drying my body with it. I would have wanted to stay in the shower for longer. Long showers relax me a lot. Also, I wanted to have a min-spa before we met with the boys.

I looked my reflection in the mirror. My dark brown hair was damp and moist from the shower and had some annoying curls that kept it from looking straight. My face was quite decent, considering the fact I did not have foundation on. Only a small pimple on the right upper side, near my hair annoyed me. The new soap I bought must be working since I had my face quite clean.

I wrapped my body in the warm towel and opened the bathroom door slowly. The room was in its usual balance between disorder and order. Clothes and shoes covered one part of the floor, near Mary’s undone bed. My bed was done and my stuff was arranged. I like to be very neat sometimes. Everything seemed fine. I thought someone needed my help…

I made my way to the closet and started thinking on the outfit I was going to wear to the amusement park. Comfort was my number one priority for this day. My outfit ended up consisting on some shorts, leggings and a t-shirt. Some sneakers and a sweater for the cold weather and I was ready.

When I finished dressing up I combed my hair and put a headband on it. I also sprayed myself a hint of my Victoria’s Secret vanilla perfume and put on some jewelry on.

I looked at myself in the full-body-length mirror. Not bad, I thought. I walked out of the room looking for the person who was calling my name so desperately a few minutes ago.

The living room was fine. I moved on to the kitchen. The kitchen was not fine. Pieces of a broken vase lay on the floor. Food, precious delicious food, was scrambled around the floor. Aunt Shelby stood there looking relieved by my sight.

“Oh, Alice thank goodness you are here.” My aunt started. “Viviane and Mary went to the nearby plaza to deal with ermm girl problems… Anyways, I was serving their dinner when I slipped and all the food fell.” She said concerned.

“My bum hurts.” She added with a serious face.

I opened my mouth but closed it again. Without giving it another thought, I lowered myself and began helping my dear aunt with the disaster she had made.

********************************************

After cleaning up the mess with Aunt Shelby I sat on the couch waiting for our meeting with the boys. I have to admit I am anxious. Where are Viviane and Mary?

I rubbed my sweaty hands back and forth on my shorts anxiously. Just when I was about to pick up the phone and call Mary’s cellphone, I heard the door open.

“We are here!” Mary yelled as she entered the door carrying a huge supermarket bag.

“Hey you brought food!”

I jumped excitedly and ran for the precious huge bag. Mary did not want to give me the bag. What is wrong with her?

“Give me the stupid baggg!” I yelled while pulling one edge of the bag. Mary kept on struggling.

I was about to yell at her again when the bag fell open to the floor.

“THE FOOD!” I yelled as I dived to the floor.

Mary sighed and Viviane laughed.

The back was filled with tampons and many packages of kotex.

Now I know what Aunt Shelby meant by “girl problems”.