Crossed Directions - Chapter 8: Airplanes and new friendships

ALICE POV

(Friday)

3, 2, 1. How long would it take for the bell to ring?

Everybody was talking about what I thought were stupid things. The new boy senior year, the girl who kissed the boy from sophomore year and the horrible dress of Lizzie Stevens at the party were some of the most common topics of conversation.

I just sat there, like in a bubble that stopped time. Just staring at the clock, waiting for it to keep turning until it arrived the desired time. Some people eyed me like I was a loner, others looked at me curiously. I ignored them.

Ring. Ring. It’s time.

The bell has rang. In just a few hours I will be on plane. A plane that will take me to my dream trip.

I picked up my books and pushed a few people, gently, out of my way. I was looking for Mary. I know, I should be all asdfghjkl. I should be screaming and jumping up and down.

I was just feeling overwhelmed with feelings. Feelings of hope, happiness and excitement. I was just amused; I couldn’t speak nor think well.

 I finally found Mary. She looked at me curiously, waiting for me to scream. When she realized I wasn’t going to make a scandal she just looked at me with a knowing look and followed towards Aunt Bridget’s car.

We were going to pack the last things, get ready, take a shower and say goodbyes. Then we were going to meet with Aunt Shelby and then the end. We were going to the airport, to be shipped off to England.

“I can’t believe this.” Mary broke the silence.

I just couldn’t speak. I just nodded at her with a weak smile. Gosh, I feel like a party pooper. I just want to be right now on that plane.

Seeing that I wasn’t going to reply, she continued.

“This is going to be so great. I hope we meet One Direction...”

But what if we DO meet them, I thought, what will we do? How will we react? Would they fall in love with us? I mean we are pretty and all but I, myself, am not stunning. I am pretty common, brown-greenish eyes, dark brown hair, pale, normal body (a little bit too skinny) and a normal face with some imperfections. Would they see something special in me?

Suddenly I decided to let a kinda stupid question.

“Do you think we are ready for this?”

“I don’t think we will ever be ready.” Mary replied, looking to the horizon.

She was speaking truth. I don’t think neither.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We arrived to the house, a bit later. I was feeling a bit less glum and more excited. We packed our bags and then our parents took us to Aunt Shelby’s place.

She lived alone in a small wooden house. Her husband, my uncle, had died a long time ago in a car accident. It was sad how lonely she was sometimes.

I felt a little bad for not wanting her to come. I decided to spend more than the time I had planned on the trip with my aunt.

Once we were all settled we went with our families to the airport. It was nearing the time to say goodbye.

In less than two radio songs, we had arrived.

“Daddy, Mommy, I am going to miss you a lot.”

“Shelby, take care of the girls.”

“I will miss you a lot hun!”

“Say hello to Viviane from me.”

“Bring us presents.”

Goodbyes and hugs were exchanged. It was time. Aunt Shelby, Mary and I marched to the entrance of the row for checking in the luggage. We were arriving to UK tomorrow early morning. We were going to travel all the night. It was a long trip but it was sure to be a fun trip with my odd Aunt and weird best friend.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“How many times they have to check our bags?” Mary asked, bored after fifteen minutes of settling everything for boarding the plane.

“Jeez woman, calm down curly.” I replied with a smile.

“First of all, I am not THAT curly. Second, I am bored. I want to be in that flackin airplane.” Mary replied, with faked-annoyance.

“We are done, come on let’s go to the waiting room.” Aunt Shelby said, looking excited.

Two trips to the bathroom (Mary should have not eat that enchiladas) and like fifteen minutes later; a voice sounded through the sound system.

“PASSENGERS FROM THE FLIGHT 198, GOING TO ENGLAND, WE ARE GOING TO BEGIN THE BOARDING PROCESS NOW. PLEASE STEP INTO THE PLATFORM WITH YOUR PASSPORT AT HAND.”

Mary and me exchanged excited looks. In less than expected we were already boarding the plane. Mary got the seat next to Aunt Shelby and I got a seat next to empty seat, for now.

We ordered our food and drinks, although we weren’t hungry and began waiting for the plane to slowly fill of people.

I heard another last advice for boarding the plane and still the seat next to me was empty.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere a brunette girl came rushing towards me. She put her bags on the top part of the airplane and then she sat down.

“Hi, my name is Tina.” She said In a sweet voice. Even though I barely knew her, I already foreshadowed that this was the start of a very good friendship.

“Hi, pleasure to meet you. My name is Alice.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Author note:

Hello! Dora is in the house. Extra long chapter for you awesome people! Thanks for reading guys! Also thanks for all your support, votes and fanning means a lot to us!

As a few of you know, I have challenged myself to arrive a goal of the month: 500 reads (WHICH I ALREADY ARRIVED THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT), 50 votes and 30 fans. So… show some love and help me achieve my goal!

THANKS, I love ya!

As you can see in this scene, they are going to England. In the next few chapter they are going to be in England and I apologize if I don’t know too much of UK but I have never been there. So if any of you are from UK please tell me some interesting places Of UK or how it is there. PLEASE. HELP WANTED.

Song of the chapter: Airplanes –Hayley Williams and B.o.B. Sorry I couldn’t think of anything better.

This chapter is dedicated to @808sunshine, she is Tina! She is awesome! Go and check her stories.

A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY LOVELY READERS