Crossed Directions - Chapter 9: England, here we come!

ALICE POV

It was a good air trip. I talked all the way with Tina. She was a nice girl. She told me she had saved up for a trip to UK  since she was 10 and that she wanted to go alone because she needed some time away from her parents. She looked like an artsy-rebel person. She wore some green shorts with a white blouse and a tie-dyed vest. Her olive eyes studied me frequently.

I was sad when we had to exchange goodbyes. We exchanged phone numbers and hotel locations too. We agreed on going out sometime of our vacation together shopping or doing something fun.

“You ignored me all the trip for that girl!” Mary came out of nowhere, yelling at my ears.

“I did not. I slept quite a bit and talked to Tina for the mean time!” I yelled back at her.

“Oh, okay. I liked her too, although I don’t know her well…” Mary replied, more calmly.

We stepped out together from the platform, to the inside of the airport. It was huge. It was already crowded by people who wanted to go on trips to visit their families or on vacation. It was just wonderful. We were finally in UK.

Something felt different, the air just felt greater. Everything was better in England. I looked at the people. Mid-30s men with coats and thin women carried their luggage from one place to another.

Aunt Shelby led us to the passport-checking place.

I felt like everything went in fast forward. Suddenly, we were already waiting for our luggage.

I saw our purple, brown and green bags and we quickly rushed forward to pick up the heavy bags, filled with our best clothes.

We carried our luggage towards the final bag-checking point. Mary was really excited. I could tell she was trying not to scream. I was very excited too, I mean, how I couldn’t be?

We finally stumbled out of the airport, with our eyes fixed in the crowd. Viviane, Viviane, where are you?

Then I saw her. A very beautiful tanned girl came toward us. She was wearing a large black coat, leggings, boots and a cute purple beanie. Her green eyes smiled at us.

We all went running towards her and hugged our beloved cousin (technically, daughter for Aunt Shelby and friend for Mary). Aunt Shelby seemed very happy of seeing her daughter after a long time.

“Hi mom! Hi girls! Nice to see you. Come on let me carry your bags and let’s head off to the flat”.

We all smiled tiredly at Viviane. It was 3 am dude. We really needed to sleep.

We got heavily inside Viviane’s brand new car (which was awesome) and slept with our eyes open until we reached Viviane’s street; a lovely, private place with little shops and markets everywhere.

Aunt Shelby, Viviane, Mary and I arrived to the flat half an hour later. Viviane showed us our beds and toured us through the house. Although I couldn’t finish seeing it thoroughly, I liked what I saw. It was a large flat with three rooms. The decoration was minimalist and focused on the colors red and white.

I got a room with Mary that had two beds. Aunt Shelby instantly fell asleep in the room next to us and Viviane apologized because she had to go out and make an errand.

We decided on talking for a little while but it was impossible because our eyes were closing automatically.

After several minutes, we drifted to Morpheus planet. (AN:  see what I did there, although I am not quite sure if the dude of dreams and sleeping is Morpheus)

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………