Crossed Directions - Chapter 17: The amusement park

ALICE POV

As we descended the stairs to meet One Direction silence filled the place. No, seriously, by the time we saw them everything became slow motion and the world was shut outside. I greeted each one of them but after that I couldn’t hear a single horn of a disgusted driver from a car or the murmur of the few people that were shopping in the plaza. I guess this is the feeling they talk about in movies.

I looked at my surroundings. I was sat in the car even though I do not recall getting inside it. Liam and Zayn were at my sides. Everybody was talking and I couldn’t hear their voices. I was submerged in the deepest place of my imagination.

I could feel and see the car moving but I felt like time did not go by. A sudden beep of a car, an abrupt movement of my seat and a Mary on Niall’s lap snapped me out of my trance. We almost got hit by the car and Mary fell on Niall’s lap. That is what I want to believe, that it was unintentional but I knew it was not the truth.

“To what amusement park are we going?” I asked coolly, coming back to reality.

“We are going to some nearby park that is really cool but I don’t recall its name. How was it named Louis?” Zayn answered.

“Mm…” Louis eyebrows moved a lot. I guess he does that when he thinks.

“I don’t know but it is going to be awesome Alice, we closed the whole place your for us so you know, no lines!” Louis chipmunk’s voice got excited as he spoke.

My lips curled into a half-smirk, seeing his excitement. The reason my lips did not complete the smirk was because I remembered what Louis had told me that night at the club. How he told me I was boring.

I was about to get in trance again but I snapped myself out of it, not wanting to be in trance the entire car ride. The first thing I noticed after I snapped out was a pair of green eyes on me.

 Louis was looking carefully at me, as he tried to guess if there was something wrong with me. Our eyes met for moments. Then I looked away.

“ARE WE THERE YET? I’M HUNGRY.” I moaned, talking to the driver whose name I didn’t know.

Niall looked at me for a moment and smiled. I was going to smile back but then I saw Mary, desperately trying to gain his attention. I looked away and pretended I had not seen him.

The driver murmured some words I did not understand to Harry.

Harry turned around and did not do anything, like he thought everyone understood the driver’s words.

I motioned him to talk. He nodded.

“We are about fifteen minutes, more or less, away from the amusement park. But Alice I think we have some food around here…” Harry said while looking around the place frantically.

The limousine sure was big but the food could not hide from me.

“I think it is in the compartment behind you.” Louis said.

“Oh, thanks.” I replied while turning around.

“I am going to look for some food too.” Niall said while stretching his muscles, ready to get up.

I began scrambling for the food quickly before Niall arrived here. God, these boys were so messy. There was bubble gum, papers, magazines, a cellphone charger, a feminine purse, a mirror and…

“Aha!” I exclaimed while quickly taking out a packet of spicy plantain chips.

I turned around rapidly only to crash into someone. My eyes opened only to notice, my bag fell off and the person I had crashed into was no other but the one I hoped to avoid, Niall.