Crossed Directions - Chapter 15: Secrets, apologies and blush wars.

Chapter 15: Secrets and blush wars.

ALICE POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I sighed and got up to the sound of my alarm ringing. God I am so tired.

A quick look at the clock told me it’s five o’ clock in the morning (conversation got boring). Perfect, I was early.

As I walked towards the bathroom silently, trying to not wake up Mary, I replayed last night’s conversation with Niall on my head.

“To: Nialler

I am busy.”

“From: Nialler

You saw the interview didn’t you?”

“To: Nialler

I said I was busy.”

“From: Nialler

Look Alice I can explain. I swear to you it isn’t what it seems.”

“To: Nialler

I am not lying; I made plans with a friend.”

“From: Nialler

Look can we please meet up for breakfast early in the morning? I will explain everything.”

“From: Nialler

Please say okay…”

“To: Nialler

Okay.”

I sighed. I shouldn’t have agreed on this. Lots of things could go wrong plus I haven’t told Mary about this.

I got off the shower and grabbed a quick lazy outfit. I got some shorts, toms and a striped tee. After applying little makeup and perfume I tiptoed my way out of the flat, not before leaving Mary a note just in case she woke up.

Fresh morning air filled my nostrils as soon as I stepped out of the flat. This morning was specially humid and rainy. I love wet climate.

I started walking to the place where I was supposed to meet with Niall. He insisted on me choosing it so I ended deciding on Dunkin’ Donuts. I love my morning coffee and donuts.

I inhaled deeply when I reached to the front door of the restaurant. Again, I shouldn’t have agreed on this. My hands were sweating and I began to shake a little. God, why this meeting altered me so much?

With some random courage outburst I opened the door of the restaurant with my shaky hand.

Dunkin’ Donuts was pretty empty. My eyes did not have to wander a lot until I saw the blonde haired guy and my heart sank a little.

*********************************************

MARY POV

"It’s time to wake up in the morning *in the morning, morning...*we got McDonalds breakfast for you..."

I opened my eyes as my alarm rang. I can’t believe I still have the “One Direction Morning Song”… After all that has happened with those boys.

I stretched my arms and legs, gosh I'm tired! I looked for my Blackberry to see the hour. Seven o’ clock, great, I am not that late.

I was about to throw a pillow at Alice's bed just to annoy her and wake her up, when I noticed she wasn't there. That is strange. She always sleeps in for another two hours after I annoy her until she wakes up.