Chapter 7: Clearly you've seen a gun before

Guys the worst thing happened! This chapter deleted itself and I was forced to re-write it. Saddening isn't it.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 7: Clearly you've seen a gun before

"Stay quiet and stay out of sight," Jordan whispers.

"Okay lead the way," Chase whispers back to him.

"Right, follow me, I'm right behind you," Jordan whispers again.

"Jordan, that does not make sense," I shake my head and try to hold back my laugh.

"Have you ever heard me say something with common sense?" He asks.

"I haven't known you long enough, but good point," I say.

"We get it, Jordan's dumber than a marshmallow," Tristan interrupts us, clearly agitated about our conversation. "Can we move on?"

"That's an offense to marshmallows dude," I say to Tristan who shrugs in agreement.

"Mean people," Jordan says playfully.

"We can go inside now," Chase joins in.

"Right," Jordan grins.

Let me explain what's happening right now. After we left the party around eight, Jordan insisted that we go to a place where we can 'explore' and it turned out that that place is a burned down hospital. Great place isn't it. Not. We are standing outside the entrance to the hospital. There is a security guard patrolling the grounds incase someone intrudes, but he fell asleep somewhere behind the hospital. He really knows how to do his job. Note the sarcasm. I guess it makes it easier for us break in, no wait, enter the building, as Jordan put it.

"This way," Jordan whispers. We go through the entrance doors and into the hospital hallway. There's a pungent smell--dead pests and what seems to be urine-- that pervades the area and I scrunch my nose in disgust before covering my nose with my hand.

"Smells horrible in here," Chase says in disgust.

"No kidding Sherlock," Tristan mutters sarcastically.

We continue walking around and reach what seems to be the info desk which is covered in debris. There's broken pieces of glass everywhere and burnt material. We pass the information desk and go up to the staircase. We reach the second floor and it's not really different from the recent floor--burnt material and the same horrid smell. I take in my surroundings and see that this floor has more wards than the recent floor and has a surgery theatre.

"Guys, come check this out," Jordan calls us over to him. We go to where he's standing and look in his line of vision, only to see a diamond ring sparkling in the moonlight next to a gun. No one utters a word until I decided to break the silence.

"What's that?" I ask, not tearing my gaze from the objects.

"Hailey, I know you have an innocent mind, but clearly you've seen a gun before," Jordan mocks me.

"Not that dummy, that," I point to what seems like a note with blood smudges on it.

"Oh, it's a note."

"Obviously," face palm myself.

"But then you shouldn't have a--"

"Can someone just pick up the damn note?" Tristan groans.

"Fine," I say. "Chase pick it up."

"Why me?" Chase asks.

"Becaused you've been quiet this whole time," I shrug.