2x41 - An Alolan Tradition!

The Day of Friends!

(A/N- If you aren't reading this around Christmas time, well I made this chapter around then. Decided to make a chapter because why not. Don't worry, this isnt just a fun chapter out of nowhere to celebrate the season. There is still story to be told. I hope you enjoy and Happy Whatever Holiday it is or coming soon! )

The Alolan sun was starting to rise in the sky over the ocean, light reflecting off waves to give them an Orange glow. The small home on the beach was lively this morning with it's residents awake ready to see what the day had in store for them all.

"So what exactly is this tradition?" Serena asked while Ash, Will, Kukui and herself sat at the table eating their breakfast before a busy day. 

"Today is a day that is celebrated in the Alolan region to celebrate the friends you have made. Think of it almost like a second Christmas, only where just friends exchange gifts rather then family." Kukui explained while Serena listened and Ash stuffed his face with food. 

"Yep, in fact the school is having a little party today to celebrate classes restarting. I don't see it as a reason to celebrate, but presents are cool." Will added on eating his food as well. 

"So we get presents for our friends and then celebrate later today?" Serena asked for clarification.

"Exactly. It's almost like that festival back in Kalos, but for your friends rather then pokemon. It's been so long I can't even remember its name." Will mumbled.

"The Giving Tree?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, that's it. That one." Will responded.

"You all should probably finish your meals and head out to look for gifts for your friends. It's only a few hours until the party starts at the school." Kukui suggested to the trio.

"I'm all set in that regard. Although I should head over and help out. How about you two?" Will said turning to his friends.

"I suppose I'll head into town and look for some ideas for everyone. How about you Serena?" Ash asked.

She responded with a small giggle. "I have an idea of what to do, I suppose you will just have to wait and see."

"Alright then. We should probably head out soon Ash, we only have so much time." Will said to the boy.

"Yeah and I need to get working on my gifts." Serena added on.

"Okay. Sounds like a plan." Ash said with some excitement in his voice, the only trace he has had in a few days. Maybe today, wouldn't be so bad.

~

Ash walked down the street browsing through windows looking for presents for his friends. 

"What do you think they would all like Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner perched on his shoulder. 

"Pika-chu." Pikachu replied.

"I'm sure we will find something, there are quite a few stores we can go to." Ash said looking ahead towards the busy sidewalk. Maybe a day of shopping for his friends will help him clear his head. He sure hoped it would, after the events the day before he needed a break. Hopefully Greninja is resting well. He thought to himself.