Chapter 30 - Nightmares - Part 5

Nightmares Of The Confident.

Gary slept the night away after the horrific events that had occurred yesterday. 

He had no idea what was in store after it, but he hoped for the best.

Tomorrow, they could go back to the way things were. Him and his friends could continue their travels. This, was just a minor set back.

Tomorrow, he could annoy his friends and cheer them up once again. After all of this, it was all he could do.

He worried for his friend. Ash had an encounter with something he had never thought the boy would have to.

Gary never thought he would see his friend grow up. Battling serious like many great trainers, thinking of strategy's on the fly. 

Even on top of that, the boy was falling for a girl, something he thought he would never see!

While Ash may be as dumb as rocks in the love department. Gary knew he would figure it out soon enough. If not, he would make him figure it out.

"I look forward to that."

Gary shot up out of bed at the sound of another voice.

"Samson? That you? I swear if you woke me up again just for one of your puns!" Gary said with caution.

"I'm not exactly a pun-ny guy." The voice replied.

"Was that a pun or an ironic pun?" Gary asked.

A shadow appeared before him, with red glowing eyes.

"What the heck are you?" Gary asked the thing.

"Not important. What is important is my warning. Run while you still can."

"What are you talking about?" Gary asked the shadow.

"Your friends all have a purpose here. Destinies to fulfill. Then there's you. A boy simply here for the hell of it. If you want to leave Alola alive, you must leave now. After tomorrow, your fate is sealed." The shadow warned.

"Seriously? Run home scared of some nightmare? Ha. Nah, I'm good. I still have a school year to get through." Gary said to the being.

"What? You think i am just an illusion?!" The being said in confusion.

"Duh. I will admit though, you are pretty creepy. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going back to bed." Gary said laying down and rolling away from the shadow.

"Very well... Just wait for your nightmare to become real boy..." The shadow spoke as it faded.

Gary didn't look back and drifted off to sleep.

He wasn't going to fear a simple dream.

"But you will fear me soon enough."