1x1 - Saying Alola To a New Friend!

The Alola Region

Hau'oli City, Melemele Island

-----

The sun rose over the Alola region, announcing the start of a new day. The sun rays bouncing off the sparkling ocean to give off the feeling of paradise. Although, the tropical region wasn't paradise for all who lived their. For while the sky was bright and colorful, The dark sky still eventually came all the same.

One poor soul never had been able to take a chance to stop and see the beautiful region during the day, his mind refused to rest knowing that the night would still come, and that the beauty would become lost in darkness. The previous night like most had been rough once again. The young man sat in an alley way of the city streets. He looked out to people walking down the street and enjoying their lives. Tourists, passerby's, even local vendors and shop keeps. Everyone went on with their lives as he simply looked on. The life he had once lived was nothing more then a distant memory. The days where he could enjoy the day and not have to worry of the night coming once again plague his mind were gone.

"Somethings never change..." The boy mumbled with a sigh. It seems the alleyways were simply where he belonged, destined to be alone and lost. This is what he decided.

He continued to watch the people walking the streets from his hidden alcove, admiring what others had in comparison. Money, food, family, happiness... Family...

He took interest in a family walking by, A mother and father and two young kids, presumably on their way to experience the tropical region and all it offered. He could tell they were tourists, they gave off the vibes of them. Excitement, wonder, and curiosity. He could see these emotions easily, especially in the two children. A heavy sigh came over him. He missed being an innocent little boy. He missed being clueless to the horrors of reality. He missed his family most of all. Yes, he had a family once, a home. A place he felt loved, he had people he loved. Now, he was alone. All because he cursed them with his presence. His very existence in their lives cursed them to suffering. Maybe he could go back one day, maybe he could go and beg for forgiveness for what had happened. Be with the people he loved once more. They must be worried for him after so long, they must care?

"They'll never forgive you." A voice spoke in his head.

He knew it was right. He was on his own, like he was always destined to be. His memory's were nothing but mere fantasies. There was no one waiting for him, no home to go back too, he was on his own once more. He couldn't help but mumble out his thoughts, "I miss you." It was as he was talking to someone directly, someone far away. The man sighed once again, seemingly out of options. He knew he had no other choice. He took out an envelope from his backpack beside him, reading over the letter within given to him long prior.

"I don't know what the extent to your troubles have been, I don't know if I ever could if it's as horrible as I sadly expect, but I still want to say I at least tried to help. It's the least I can do for someone struggling. Here. This is for you. Feel free to read it over and just... At least consider it okay?"

He remembered the words spoken when he was handed the letter quite well. He was out of options, this was his only option, and to be fair it wasn't as bad as previous events. Nothing could be as bad as before. Nothing...

Time for a new beginning.

He took his bag and left the alleyway. He started on his way to the professor's home. This was the first step towards a new life. Maybe not as great as previously, but it would have to do.