1x8 - The Welcoming Comity!

The new day had begun with the sun shining above Alola. Ash was still asleep on the couch dreaming of battling like usual. The rest of the household was up getting ready for the School day.

Suddenly, A loud ringing came from under his pillow. He bolted awake in a panic, trying to find a source of the sound. He then lifted up his pillow to see a pink alarm clock. At first he was impressed that he somehow slept fine laying on a clock all night. Then the bigger question got him, he didn't own a pink alarm clock.

He looked up to Serena across the room who was looking back at him giggling. It all of a sudden it clicked to him. He stood up, and handed the clock to her.

"Thanks. I had no idea where it went! Hope it didn't scare you too bad. Oh well, you need to get up early anyway." She said with a wink and walked away to get ready.

~

Ash, Serena and Will were walking towards the School for the start of a new week. Serena and Ash were walking side by side talking about whatever the two wanted. Will walked just behind them listening, for he didn't want to interrupt and was lost in his own thoughts.

Eventually The gate to the building had come into view.

"Beat you there!" Serena said running towards the Gate.

As she took off, Ash and Will exchanged a look continuing to walk.
She had no idea what to expect.

As she entered the gate, "Ha! Beat you Ash!"
As she finished speaking, confetti cannons went off startling her.
As she looked around her saw her classmates pop up, "Alola Serena!" They all cheered.
"Guys? What's going on." Serena asked.

Ash and Will approached from behind. "It's a tradition of the School, all new students have to compete in trials made by their classmates." Will explained.

"I had to compete in them when I first arrived as well." Ash told his friend.

"They did the whole surprise thing as I arrived this morning as well." Gary added on.

"I just wish you guys had told me sooner. I was worried Kukui was going to make me handle class today. Although if it's anything let me when I was in school this should be good to see." Will said.

"Alright, let's get started. Trial one. Sophocles this is all you." Mallow said.

"Alright! It is just over here." Sophocles said pointing to two piles of balloons.

"This is starting to look familiar." Ash said with a smile.

"All of our trials are the same ones you went through Ash." Kiawe explained.

"We didn't think we would need new ones this quickly." Lana added on.

"The goal of this is to see who can pop all of the balloons first!" Sophocles expalined. "Normally I would compete against you, But with there being two of you, you will instead compete against one another."

"Makes sense." Serena said.

"Let's do this!" Gary said.

"You can both use a Pokemon to help you put with this trial." Sophcoles explained.

"Umbreon, Lets go." Gary said releasing his pokemon.