2x39 - The Darkness Within.

Battling an Old Allie!

"Greninja! I know you are in there!" Ash called out to the Pokemon in front of him.

"Absol!" Will called out releasing his Pokemon.

"Braixen! I need you!" Serena yelled out following his lead.

"Come on out Bunnelby!"
"Blastoise let's do this!"
"We need to help too Snowy."
Clemont, Gary and Lillie called out ready for battle.

"Gren." Greninja replied seeing the foes before him, forming two  shurikens in his hands.

"Please Greninja! Fight back! I don't want to hurt you!" Ash pleaded.

"Greninja."

"Then so be it." Will said coldly. "We can't let it get away. We have to take him down one way or another. If we can save him great. Do what you must though." Will said forming a battle plan in his head. He has waited a long time for a battle like this.

Ash looked at his Pokemon with worry. It won't come to that. It wouldn't. Greninja is in there. Somewhere.

"Gren!" Greninja cried sending more Shurikens at the group of trainers and pokemon.

"Pikachu Thunderbolt!"

"Absol get close!"

"Bunnelby Mud Bomb!"

Bunnelby and Pikachu sent their moves to intercept the Shurikens.

Absol used the cover fire to get close and attempt a strike on the corrupted Pokemon.

"Night Slash!"

Absol's horn started to glow as Greninja dodged out of the way of the swipe, forming am icicle blade infused with Negative energy.

"Gren!"

Greninja cried trying to strike Absol I retaliation, the two engaged in a short sword fight before Greninja connected a kick sending the Pokemon back.

"It hit Absol!" Lillie said in worry.

"That it did. Some Pokemon you got there Ash. If only it was still on our side." Will commented.

"He is. We just have to remind him of that." Ash retorted.

"What's the plan guys?" Clemont asked the others.

"I'm not sure. We need to find an opening or weakness and exploit it." Will replied.

"Perhaps Ashy-Boy was on to something. Maybe he can reason with it." Gary argued.

"What? You saw how well that worked last time!" Lillie countered.

"Maybe he's right. If Ash can get to Greninja I'm sure he could reason with him." Serena explained.

"Gren! Greninja!" The Pokemon cried rushing towards the group, blades still in hand.

"Braixen Fire Blast!"