1x2 - Looking Back While Moving Forward.

As the Sun rises over the horizon, all was quiet in the shack on the beach that many people and pokemon alike call their home. While Kukui was up early, preparing for the school day, the two trainers staying with him are still asleep, not planning to wake anytime soon. Well, planning to anyway.

Ash awoke in the upstairs loft, sitting up from the couch he stretched from his long rest. He and Pikachu went to the floor below to greet his other pokemon. Perhaps he could interact with Will's as well before he had to be off to school.

"Morning, Professor." Ash said sleepily, rubbing his eyes still trying to fully wake up.

"Alola Ash. I'm on my way to the School, would you please wake Will up. I wouldn't want him to be late on his first day! Tell him I will be waiting for him." He said heading out the door.

"Alright professor, see you at School!" "Pika!" Ash and Pikachu replied.

Ash walked over to where Will's pokemon were, all laying by the couch waiting for their trainer to wake up.

When they had arrived back last night, Will released his pokemon to get used to their new surroundings. Ash and his pokemon were happy to make new friends with Will's Quilladin, Jolteon, and Absol. He had told Ash of how he started his journey back in Kalos, his home region, with Chespin as his starter and catching Jolteon as an Eevee soon after. Although, He refused to talk about how he became friends with Absol however, shifting the conversation quickly when asked.

Ash found this odd, but decided to drop the subject. He would tell him if he wanted him to know. Will's pokemon were friendly and got along with Ash and his partners fast. Will said that he hadn't seen Absol get comfortable with anyone as quickly as yesterday. Ash assumed that meant Absol was normally reserved with its emotion.

"Absol? Quilladin? Jolteon?" Ash said quietly trying to wake Will's pokemon.

Jolteon responded first. "Jolt-eon?" It replied.

"Can you wake up Will for me please, The professor doesn't want him to be late." Ash asked it, slightly louder. "Quilla?" Quilladin said with a smile now woken up.

They knew something Ash didn't, how to wake their trainer up. Suddenly Jolteon got into attack position and shot a thunderbolt at the sleeping trainer. Being struck, Will woke up instantly with a jolt of pain. And electricity.

Ash was glad he wasn't the only one with this problem.

While he scolded his Jolteon and Quilladin once again, since this was not the first or last time it would happened, Absol walked over to the over pokemon seeming bored of the scene unfolding.

"Good morning Will!" Ash said with a smile. "Pika!" Pikachu added.

"I don't know about good.. But, 'morning you two." Will replied.

The two freshened up and got ready for the day, Will got confused as Ash called his pokemon to return as he got ready. "Litten, Rockruff, Rowlet, Return!" And in almost an instant the three of them went into their pokeballs, then Ash put them into his bag.

"Ash..." Will started, "School does not start for a couple hours still, Why are you seemingly out the door already?"

Ash replied, "I wanna get there early, Me and Kiawe were going to battle before school began!" He said energetically.