Chapter [36]

Chapter 36

"Six months? Wow that’s soon" Gigi was telling Brooklyn after she learned of the wedding details. "so are you ready?"

"Oh my god no, course I’m not"

"Cold feet?"

"My feet are effing frozen"

________________

"Six months? Where did you hear that?"

"I am dating her best friend you know"

"That’s pretty soon though isn't it? Why do you think they rushed it?"

"Well Gigi said Brooklyn doesn’t want to have the kid out of wedlock"

"W- What?!" I managed to ask/yell.

"Dude man your face paled to white then turned blue, breathe it was a joke"

I glared at him. I had some serious thinking to do. I didn't want her to marry Pablo, I didn’t want him to even touch her. But I didn’t want to feel the full brunt of her father's wrath either. All I knew for sure was that I was in love with her. Was it too much to ask for her to love me back?

"You'll need to speak to Marnie, tell her to get any tabloids published, any pictures, stories or articles on your supposed fling with Dylan Ryder, pulled off of the shelves." Brooklyn's dad instructed her.

"Dad aren’t you being a bit dramatic?"

"You want to know what’s dramatic. You pulling a stunt like that".

"Stunt? No dad it w-” what she wanted to explain to her dad was she might be developing feelings for another man. More importantly she was hoping the wedding could be put off for a while... Considering he'd cheated and all.

. She had taken Pablo back and forgiven him to an extent. The engagement was back on and the ring was on her finger.

But she couldn’t help but wish that the arm around her waist every night was Dylan. That the man in her bed was Dylan. Because he may not have been the man in any of those circumstances, but he was the man in her heart.

"Enough chit chat, get to it"

"I didn't think you'd fall for her this badly"

"Dude, I wasn't expecting it either"

"Well maybe, the gods are punishing The Infamous Dylan Ryder"

"Where the hell do you get this crap?"

"Iono" Mason said drifting off, "you want a beer?" he asked when he got to the kitchen, "actually, lemme guess you want something stronger"

"You’re so random but you read my mind"

______________

"Did you know about this?" Brooklyn asked Pablo over the phone.

"About what?"

"Don’t play dumb, about the whole wedding thing"

"Oh that, I suggested it. It'll be great. We can get married in France, and then you can move to Brazil with me".

"Whoa! Whoa! Rewind and pause. Move to Brazil?"

"Well yeah, obviously I can't play if I’m in NY, plus I've already discussed it with your dad"

"What the eff? Why did you do that?"

"Because I love you (translate> beautiful)

"Somehow I’m finding that hard to believe"

"C'mon Brooklyn don't be difficult, how will we make it work if we live in separate countries?"

"Switch teams, it is so much easier than what you're asking me to do. Pablo, I love you really I do. But my life is here."

"We'll talk about this later" Pablo said before hanging up.

____________

I was jogging around the block trying to get rid of my hangover from last night when a black limo slowed down next to me. The window rolled down revealing Claude St. Pierre. "Dylan, what a err... Pleasant surprise"

"Funny," I said dryly, "What can I do for you sir"

"I was wondering if we could have a chat"

"It's a long path" I said as I continued jogging.

"Well I was hoping we could come to some sort of agreement that would make everyone happy"

"Agreement what are you talking about?"

"Ha-ha" Claude laughed throatily, "We both know that this has to do with Brooklyn" at the mention of her name I froze to a stand-still.

"I'm listening"

"I had a feeling that would catch your attention. Now listen carefully because I will not repeat myself" wow that line must run in the family, "I want my daughter to marry Pablo, I will make sure that you never see her again so as to even call her name."

"What makes you think that I’ll agree to that? And these seems like a one sided deal"

"Considering you're father and I are good friends now I will be lenient. You may stay on the men's line that she designed; you may even communicate with her. But if you so much as lay a hand on her, look at her suggestively or even talk to her in a way that is not completely platonic, I will destroy you Dylan Ryder." his deep French accent made what he said all the more serious sounding. But I wasn't going to be talked to like I was trash.

"What makes you think I’ll listen to you?"

"If you love Brooklyn like I hear you do, you'll listen. And I’d appreciate your discretion, wouldn’t want your loved ones to... Get caught in the crossfire. Good bye Mr. Ryder" that said his window came up and the limo drove away.

"What the f#*k" I yelled to no one in particular. What was he like part of the French mafia or something, who am I kidding with the type of money he has he goddamn founded the mafia. He threatened my family, he threatened me but he crossed a line and hit a nerve when he brought Brooklyn into this.

This really was game over.

Rule#13 - Sometimes it’s better to admit defeat (in times when you don’t think this applies refer to rule# 24).

XxxGhostWritersxxX