Chapter [17]

Chapter 17

"You go first" Both Brooklyn and I said at the same time.

"Nuh nuh you go first"

"No seriously what do you have to say?" she now asked me.

"You told me to meet you here" I said fighting to keep the smile from my face. Brooklyn though looked far from smiling... She looked upset. "What’s wrong?" I asked concerned reaching my hand out to stroke her face, she flinched and pulled back.

"Please don't" she stated with glassy eyes,

"Tell me what’s wrong" I said seriously; holding her hand, ready to destroy the dickhead that got her upset.

"We can't... We can't keep doing this... Us... There is no us" I dropped her hands,

"What are you trying to say?"

"The relationship between us is purely professional... Nothing more" and just like that my heart had been torn out of my chest.

"No" I barely whispered.

"What do you mean 'no' " Brooklyn said a little irritated.

It was now or never Dylan I thought to myself, I reached for her head and drew her close kissing her more passionately than I had ever kissed anyone.

She pulled back with tears in her eyes and walked away.

"Yeah then what did you do?" Mason asked surprisingly more interested than he'd been in the past though. It was Monday morning and as usual Mason was over at my house.

"Well then she walked away"

"What do you mean she walked away?"

"Mason pay attention, I kissed her, she had tears in her eyes she walked away"

"So you just walked away?" Gigi began to Brooklyn

"Well yeah... If I stayed I would have regretted it. I love Pablo... You were probably right, im just manifesting my feelings for him on to Dylan"

Gigi looked at her sympathetically, "if you say so"

"Heard there's a sale on at Jimmy Choo's you coming?"

"Pfft! like we need a sale"

"Ha-ha your right" Brooklyn laughed the joy not reaching her eyes.

"New York? Are you okay?" Gigi asked concern lacing her voice.

"Yeah yeah come on" she told her. Was she okay? Probably not. Was it the best decision?

Definitely.

"So you didn’t get to ask her out?"

"For the billionth time NO!"

"Sorry I forgot, you kissed her and made her leave before you got the chance"

"Hey don’t talk about it like that"

"What the f#*k dude you really have changed... It's like talking to a Mormon". Mason said muttering the last part to himself. "At least now your heads gonna be screwed on straight"

Mason stated,

"What’s that supposed to mean?" I asked agitated that he wasn't taking this seriously

"Your head wasn't in the match the other day"

"Hmm, I guess"

"Anyways, I’m hitting the gym, you coming?"

"Yeah wait up" I called after him. Maybe working up a sweat would clear my head.

Brooklyn was about to put the key into ignition when her phone rang, "can you answer it for me please G"

"Hello?" Gigi answered, "oh yeah umm... She's driving so yeah... mmhhmm I’ll put you on speaker so you can tell her."

"Brooklyn?" her father began,

"Dad, what’s up?

"I made a few changes to your line so I’m going to need you to ask Dylan back in to reshoot"

Brooklyn breaked hard, "WHAT?"

"I said I made a few ch-"

"Yeah no I heard that bit"

"Oh you have to call Dylan back in"

"Umm... Well you know dad on second thoughts I don’t think Dylan was the right person for the line anymore"

"Oh shush don’t be ridiculous he's fine, get over whatever issue you have against him"

"Issue? Me?" the line went dead before Brooklyn could whine any more.

"Ha-ha that’s means you two are going to be in the same room...again, tensions going to be-"

"I get it G, and I’d prefer if we didn’t talk about him for the rest of the drive".

Xxx Please comment nd if u like it u know what to do xxX

XxxGhostWritersxxX