Chapter [26]

Chapter 26

I'd never felt s#*tier on a Friday morning. Her arm was around my bare waist. I groaned and pulled my boxers on,

"You leaving?" Khrys asked as she opened her eyes still groggy from sleep

"Well yeah" I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"But I want you to stay" she whined, for someone who was older than me she was a little immature.

"I have to go"

"There’s someone else isn’t there? Do I know her?"

"Not anymore there isn't, and why does that even matter to you" I muttered to myself as I pulled on my pants.

"Just curious and what do you mean not any... O M G" she said widening her eyes in realisation, "is it Brooklyn? I heard she got engaged last night"

"I'll see you round" I said as I grabbed my keys off the bedside table.

"The infamous Dylan Ryder...you bang and you leave, it's what your good at, don't waste your time on rich bitches" she said loathingly, she obviously had an issue with her. "Plus you've always got me"

"I'll waste my time on whom ever I please, oh and Khrys this was a complete mistake don't confuse it for something it wasn't" I said before I turned to leave.

_______________________________________________

"Maybe I was overreacting" Brooklyn said attempting to justify the situation.

"Why do you have to postpone your work for him? Why couldn't he pull strings? I mean you guys were celebrating your damn engagement I’m pretty sure they would have understood"

"Oh well," Brooklyn said shrugging her shoulders."I heard the MLS awards are on in two weeks gotta find a dress"

"So do I" Gigi said surprising Brooklyn, considering she'd never been to the event before seeing as she wasn’t dating or married to a soccer player

"Oh?" Brooklyn asked a wide grin spreading across her face, "Mason asked you to go?"

Gigi blushed before smiling and nodding her head furiously. "He asked me at the game but seeing as you flew to Hawaii I couldn't tell you"

"Forget about that but oh emm gee!!! Finally I get to discuss the hotties in the crowd with someone other than myself"

"Hey behave you're engaged" Gigi said hitting her arm playfully. "Hey I'm going to be flying out tomorrow afternoon to Paris for a few weeks for fashion week prep stuff. I think I need new shoes"

___________________________________________

"So what are you saying you regret it?"

"I more than regret it, I hate myself"

"Damn I’m not used to this melodramatic side of you it's freaking me out" I glared at Mason, "I know... Shut-up Mason" he said reading my expression.

Whilst Brooklyn and Dylan had been going on with their lives Charles Ryder and Claude St. Pierre had been busy making arrangements for another luncheon. This one would be held at the St. Pierre household and would be celebrating Brooklyn's engagement. Considering Pablo was in Brazil playing soccer, Claude had to pull a few strings to get him to fly in for the occasion.

Brooklyn was shopping for new Jimmy Choo pumps (a girl could never have enough, a rich girl never wore the same pair twice) with Gigi when she felt the buzz of her phone in her shoulder bag.

"Dad?" she answered after looking at the caller ID

"Brooklyn honey, will you be able to come home now? Xander needs a hair cut and I’m having guests over tonight".

"Yeah sure gimme 15mins" Brooklyn said before hanging up. "I need to be home babe"

"No worries call me to let me know what’s up" Gigi said before she blew her a kiss and walked away.

Later that night Mason my dad and I were on our way to the St. Pierre house.

I had tried everything to avoid going tonight.

Every possible excuse.

But from the look on my dad's face, he knew the reason I didn't want to go had something to do with Brooklyn.

"Welcome" the St. Pierre butler said as he greeted guests. They even had a freaking valet, I don't blame them the mansion was huge.

______________________________________

Brooklyn was clueless as to why her father was holding this supposed dinner party. Nonetheless she was dressed in a hot pink silk floor length Versace gown that dropped at the back and was joined together with three 5 carat diamond encrusted chains. Her blond hair was tied up and dead straight with her fringe pulled back and elevated slightly.

"You look really pretty Lynie" Xander said as Brooklyn bent down to fasten his bowtie.

"Thanks Xandi, you look extra handsome too" Xander beamed.

"Hey" Gigi said as she walked into Xander's room. "Here lemme do that, you're dad wants to have a word with you in your room".

"Okay, thanks"

"HI Xandi" Gigi said as she bent down to button up the rest of his shirt.

"Why does every one keep calling me that?" Brooklyn heard Xander whine as she left the room.

She walked into her room to find nobody there but a Tiffany's box in the centre of her bed.

"Oh my!" Brooklyn gasped

She unravelled the box to find a necklace and a note which read:

"I know this isn’t enough..." Brooklyn read out loud,

"But hopefully you know that I’m really sorry" a voice continued.

Brooklyn turned slowly to find Pablo leaning against the wall in a tux with a hot pink handkerchief in the pocket matched with Brooklyn's dress.

"Oh my gosh I can't...believe... You lied to me" Brooklyn said hitting him in the chest after every word.

"Ha-ha I guess I deserve that, can I put it on for you?" He asked referring to the necklace. It matched Brooklyn’s engagement ring impeccably. "I got this custom made for tonight" Pablo said as he clasped it together.

"It’s gorgeous thank you” Brooklyn said before she kissed him. She turned to see Gigi standing and the doorway with Xander standing beside her.

"You were in on this weren't you?" Brooklyn said pointing at Gigi accusingly.

Gigi put her hands up in a gesture to say that she was innocent, but Brooklyn saw right past it... It didn’t bother her though because she had never been happier.

I looked up just as Gigi made her way down the stairs holding Xander's hand. But it was Brooklyn that I was again aching to see. Just as I had the thought I saw her. She looked exquisite, I had to hold on to the seat I was on to stop myself from getting up and whisking her away.

My thoughts disintegrated into nothingness when I saw Pablo right behind her. My jaw clenched immediately.

Brooklyn wasn't expecting Dylan to be here. Pablo looked good in his suit but Dylan was definitely something else. With his cropped hair spiked up into a neat Mohawk and his biceps protruding slightly through his suit. The slight over growth of stubble took the term ruggedly handsome to a whole other level. The past lustful desires she had for him were coming back to her in full force. Something a little deeper than lust as well...

Brooklyn felt her knees go weak at the thought but quickly regained composure to continue walking down the stairs. Not fast enough for Dylan not to notice though.

I smirked, "she was totally undressing you with her eyes" Mason whispered loud enough for only me to hear.

Rule #24 - It’s never game over, till you say it is.

"I guess it's not game over after all" I whispered back.

XxxGhostWritersxxX