Chapter [24]

Chapter 24

The spotlight fell on a smiling and tearful Brooklyn. "oh my gosh" she said blushing furiously and covering her mouth.

"C’mon down here babe"

I watched as she walked down the stadium stairs where she greeted Pablo with a tearful hug.

"Of course. Of course I will" she said through happy tears. Before standing on her Louboutin suede pump toes to reach up and kiss him. Resulting in applause from the audience, cheers and woots from the men and a few emotional girls were in tears.

"That was so sweet, why couldn't you be so dramatic when you proposed to me?" I heard the woman behind me scold her husband.

"Well you said yes didn't you?" I heard him mumble beside her, she obviously didn’t hear him because she didn’t say anything else.

"Do you wanna leave?" Mason asked when he realised that I was as shocked as I was at this dramatic proposal.

"Yeah good idea" I said completely withdrawn.

Brooklyn looked up into the crowd searching for Gigi but instead locked eyes with Dylan just before he turned to leave the stadium.

For 2 seconds she felt a pang of regret... But what for? More importantly, who for? The answers to that question she didn’t know.

She wasn't even sure if that last tear that fell down her face was a tear of happiness or a tear for what could have been.

I needed a drink... Brooklyn had f#*ked with my head in the worst way. The pain in my chest was only getting worse and the lump in my throat was getting bigger.

"Dyl... You err... Sure you alright?" Mason asked when I slumped over the steering wheel at the red light.

"Do you mind driving?"

"Nuh nuh" he said quickly, worry and concern all over his face. After pulling over I made my way into the passenger seat. "You look like you could use a drink" Mason said after pulling up to a bar.

"I guess it's game over now" I muttered to Mason after I'd ordered a whiskey, insisting the bartender leave the bottle.

"Dude that doesn’t sound like you"

"Which part, the fact that I was initially playing this like a game or the fact that I'm in love with her? Because that doesn’t f#*king sound like me"

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh, lemme see the ring" Gigi squealed as she asked Brooklyn when she finally cornered her in the ladies room.

It was a 4.15 carat rose cut white diamond and a 5 carat pink diamond, set in platinum.

"It's beautiful isn’t it?" Brooklyn squealed along with Gigi.

"What’s wrong?" Gigi now asked dead serious,

"Nothing why would you say something was wrong," Brooklyn said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Brooklyn don't lie to me... Oh no"

"What?"

"It’s Dylan isn't it? I should have known..."

"What no... NO! Why would he...no"

"I’ve known you forever” switching to French she continued “you cannot lie to me, now tell me the truth" Gigi continued in French seeing as someone had come in to use the bathroom.

Brooklyn took this opportunity to slip out of the bathroom but not before the lady stopped her to say:

"What that man did for you out there was beautiful"

"Thanks" Brooklyn said smiling. After throwing Gigi a fake sympathetic look she left, averting a conversation she knew she had to have.

XxxYou know what to doxxX

XxxGhostWritersxxX