Chapter [27]

Chapter 27

"Dinner was beautiful" My dad said addressing the head Chef at Masa.

"Arigato goshimaze" he said in reply, before retreating back into the kitchen.

"I'd like to raise a toast to my beautiful daughter and her Fiancé Pablo" Claude said as he raised his champagne glass. So did the 20 or so other guests.

Later on that evening, because a few other guests had turned up, a lot of them French and Brazilian Portuguese speaking; Mason and I felt a little out of place. So we retreated to the front courtyard.

"What so you lied?" I heard Brooklyn yell at someone upstairs. Seeing as Mase and I were downstairs we didn’t hear anything else.

"What do you thinks going on?" Mase asked me

"I don't know but we'll see soon enough" I replied knocking back my Brandy.

"Well not exactly" Pablo replied, "look your dad called me up and told me about the party he wanted to throw and I told him I was in Brazil. The next day coach gave me an envelope with tickets inside"

"So... So what the necklace... the apology, you know what forget it" she said as she turned to leave the room.

"Brooklyn wait" Pablo said pulling her back, but she pulled her arm back out of his grasp.

"Trouble in paradise?" I asked Brooklyn when I saw her swinging on an outdoor chair on the courtyard. Mason had ditched me to find Gigi so I was making my way inside when I found her.

Brooklyn turned her head to see a smirking Dylan with a hand in his pocket.

"No why would you say that?" She asked attempting to fake a smile.

"For one that smile was forced".

"Ha-ha is it that obvious?" she said laughing dryly, "Here sit" she continued tapping the space next to her.

"So why aren't you out there enjoying the party... Your party" I said mumbling the last part.

"Just needed sometime to think" she said staring off into the distance.

"Would it have something to do with whoever you were yelling at earlier?"

"What? You heard all that" Brooklyn asked about to go into panic mode.

"Woah woah relax I only heard you when you came onto the balcony nothing else"

"Oh..." she drifted off calming down.”It might".

"Well considering you insisted that our relationship is completely platonic, is there anything you want to talk about?"

Brooklyn looked up into Dylan's face to access his emotions. What she saw was the opposite of platonic. His eyes drifted to her lips and her eyes to his.

A person clearing their throat was what snapped them out of their trance.

They both turned to see a fuming Pablo.

XxxGhostWritersxxX