Epilogue [Part 2]

Dylan Ryder Epilogue

Part 2

"I still can't believe you're here"

"Yeah me neither, your hair though darling we need to do something about that... But after you go meet your prince charming".

The girls did their catching up, well as much as they could whilst Brooklyn threw on her jeans and a tee. She didn't want to make their first meeting overly dramatic although to an extent it was but at the same time she didn’t want to look too casual either.

In the end she opted for nicer skinny jeans and put a trench coat and 4-inch ankle boots on. Not going too over the top with makeup she ruffled her hair and grabbed her tote.

Not before she took a look in the mirror.

She'd dreaded the thing since she cut of ties with her father and Pablo. The more she thought about Dylan, the more she cared less about her appearance and about anything really, except for her brother of course.

Her face was still used on covers of magazines especially now considering she was living in Paris; this had only gotten worse during fashion week.

Recent pictures of her though had failed to reach the media. Choosing to live in suburban Paris where making a name, having a name or coming from a name wasn't a big deal.

 She'd mastered the art of flying under the radar and because of it she'd lived a quiet life with simple luxuries she could easily afford without exploiting them so she didn’t look too suspicious.

In the cocoon that was the home she'd made with her brother, she made sure they could build a new life they'd enjoy, a new start of a sort.

Xander was fluent in French and German and he'd made a bucket load of friends. As well as this he'd joined the mini-leagues and was now captain. Brooklyn was glad for her brother's happiness but in the protective nest she'd created, it was also inadvertently a lonely cave.

She'd made few friends, and worked usually from home by processing pictures and selling them through the expansion of 'Loei'l Rouge' which she'd branched into Paris.

She'd become acquainted with a number of her neighbors but they obviously had lives, as did she. Staying in touch with her other model friends who frequented France had become too difficult to fit into their bustling careers.

And now that Gigi intended to settle down with Mason, she hadn't expected to see her best friend in the near future.

So to say she was pleasantly surprised was an understatement.

Gigi had quickly fixed Brooklyn's makeup before shoving her out the door.

As Brooklyn drove towards The Louvre she got jitters. What she was afraid of was uncertain to her. He'd virtually confessed his love for her on TV... Without actually saying it.

For the first time as she sat in the parked car, it wasn't rejection she feared. Honestly she wasn't sure what she was afraid of.

Stepping out of the car, the cool autumn breeze blew against her face.

Walking in to the gallery she breathed the musky air in, hoping it would clear her mind instead a cool chill ran up her arm.

He was here.

_________

Mason had left me to 'tackle this on my own' in his words and so catching a cab had been my only option and the driver had been more than happy to take me wherever I needed to go after claiming that he watched The Richard Olsen Show religiously and that the episode where he'd interviewed me had managed to make him 'almost cry'.

As we pulled up to the Gallery I paused momentarily before I stepped out.

"Thanks so much Jacques"

"No worries Mr. Ryder, this is Paris" he began in his rich accent, "The city of loove, I'm glad I could assist" he concluded.

I waved and smiled before taking a deep breath.

Walking into the Gallery my senses were heightened. I was on edge, but I also had no idea where I was going until the throngs began to murmur and slowly began to part way, revealing an oblivious Brooklyn.

Noting the silence she turned around to ask anyone around her what was wrong but what... Who she saw next swallowed the words in her mouth.

Hell it swallowed her completely.

                                                                  XxxYou know what to doxxX

                                                                                                                           XxxGhostWritersxxX