Let's Get Physical

Everything happened in a blur. Maybe if Nico had woken up earlier. Maybe if he wasn't rushing. Maybe if he actaully watched where he was going. All of these were hypothetical solutions that could've prevented what would happen next.

He had woken up late that morning from a weekend stay at his sister's house. He was supposed to be at work in an hour but his sister's house was also conveniently an hour away from where he worked. He quickly changed into his suit and grabbed his briefcase before rushing down the stairs. He passed by Hazel, his sister, and Frank, Hazel's husband. He gave Hazel a hug and promised to give them a call sometime.

He stepped outside into the sun and shielded his eyes. God, why was it so bright? He walked over to his niece, Bianca, who was playing on the lawn, and quickly bent down to plant a kiss on her forehead. She squealed with happiness and waved one of the many toy cars she was playing with in the air. He returned her enthusiasm with a small smile. Then he got up and started walking to his car. However, his foot caught on something and before he knew it, he was falling down. He heard an unpleasant snap and an even more unpleasant shot of pain ran up his bottom half.

And that is how Nico di Angelo broke his right leg.

-----

Will opened the door to his office and stepped in. He saw a man, maybe about his age, sitting on the cot. He wore a loose black t-shirt and he had a cast on his right leg. He was fidgeting with his hands and when he looked up at Will through his long, black hair, there was tension in his eyes. Will quickly glanced at the form attached to his clipboard. Nico di Angelo. Broken leg.

He gave Nico a warm smile and he seemed to relax a bit. He guessed that Nico wasn't a fan of doctors and such. Will sat down on a chair that faced the cot. "Hi, Nico. I'm Will and I'll be your physical therapist. Mind telling me how you broke your leg?" Now that he was closer, he could see Nico better. He had light freckles scattered over his pale skin. His sharp nose and full lips contributed to his beauty. And his eyes were as dark as the night sky, with sparkles in them like they were stars. And his—

"I, um, slipped on my niece's toy car." Nico said, snapping Will out of his thoughts. Will blushed a little and hoped that Nico didn't realize that he was being stared at.

Will composed himself and looked at Nico with kind eyes. "Okay, so I'm going to take off your cast and we're going to try moving it. Got it?" Will shot him another reassuring smile. Nico bit his lip but nodded and lifted his right leg for Will to get to work on.

After the cast was off, Will gingerly placed his hands on Nico's leg. Nico seemed to twitch under the contact but nevertheless, he powered through. Will lifted his leg up and down and stopped whenever Nico said it hurt.

"Good job, Nico. So, let's get started on some other exercises." Will lead Nico out of his office and into an open area with workout equipment. As he guided Nico on what to do, he explained what the purpose of each machine was and how it would help his leg.

Along with the explanations, Will also pried into Nico's life. He asked him about his home life, where he worked, his favorite color, his favorite food, and basic questions like that. Nico seemed hesitant and closed off at first but he opened up more and more as time wore on. He even rambled on about Mythomagic, a game that he played as a child, and his twinkling eyes and excited smile nearly sent Will into a heart attack. Soon, Will started sharing things about his life, which was beyond what he was required to share with his patients. But Nico seemed to draw Will in and whenever he managed to get Nico to crack a smile or let out a laugh, Will's heart hammered against his ribcage. How can someone be this amazing? Nico was reserved and didn't like people much, Will guessed. But after he climbed over Nico's walls, Will found an enthusiastic geeky boy that would without a doubt help out anyone in trouble.

As much as Will didn't want Nico to leave, his appointment was over. Will lead Nico back to his office to do a post-workout checkup on his leg. Will would admit that his hand lingered for a moment or two more than necessary. Then Nico was back in a cast and crutches. Much to Will's excitement, Nico was going to come back next week. But Will couldn't wait.

Just as Nico was about to leave, Will grabbed his shoulder. "Um, can I your number?"

Nico seemed shocked, his eyes wide and his mouth in an "O" shape.

"I mean, you know, for doctor purposes." Will stammered. Will cringed. Doctor purposes? Really?

Then Nico's face broke out into a sly grin. "Right, doctor purposes," He said, his eyes filled with amusement. He scribbled down his number onto a slip of paper that he found on Will's desk. Nico placed the paper onto Will's hand, his own hand hovering over Will's. Then he shot Will a soft and adorable smile. "See ya later, Will."

Will waved goodbye weakly. He could barely manage to hear Nico over his thundering heart. No doubt, he was grinning like an idiot and his face was bright red. But he didn't care. Will was starting to realize that Nico had that effect on him. As long as Nico was was with him, Will would be alright.