Prologue

Edited June 15, 2015 14:37

As I promised, I will retain this story because it served as one of my formative works in developing the new story that I will publish this week, it's called 'Problems of being a gender equalist. I just hope you support the book that I will be publishing.

Though that story is still almost the same as The One That Got Away and A Thousand Years, it will be majorly shifted through my own spontaneous imagination. I hope you will support it and recommend it to other people. Thank you so much lovelies!

- Aaron

PS:

This story will be discontinued, I have lost interest in the book since the characters in this story are not inspiring for me, especially as I wrote this three years ago.

Prologue

It's my first day of getting rid of the feelings that I had with that cute person. I hate long distance relationships because they will just cheat on you no matter how you trust them, and also I want him beside me, holding me, making me whole.

Justin was always caring about my feelings, he never lets me down, but come to think of it, I knew he had the choice to stay here in the Philippines, but he decided to leave me here and be on his merry way. I just hope he gets what he really wanted in Canada.

Also the fact that my dear mother left me at home together with our housemaids was heartbreaking, I always thought my mother would never leave me because she would always tell me that she'd never leave me and she'll always be here at my side. All these thoughts in my head, raving all around really destroys my imagination, so I decided to go down and do what really relaxes me the most. Go down the streets of our private subdivision and walk around.

The moment I went downstairs, I saw a white envelope on top of the kitchen counter. It had my name scribbled on it. The moment I opened the envelope, I saw a a short note inside. I could even smell my mom's perfume in it. Weird.

My Son,

I am urgently needed by your grandfather because the doctor said that he'd never see daylight anytime soon. He wanted to talk to you, but I told him that you'd be busy this summer, that's why you can't visit him right now. I know that it breaks your heart that you won't see your very magnanimous grandfather; but he'll always be in your heart? Okay.

I enrolled you to a dance studio in Manila because I knew that when you were in third grade you always find time to dance. So have fun! Never forget to call me okay! Take care

Kristelle Warkon

The moment I finished the letter, uncontrollable tears flowed out of my eyes. I knew my mom had to leave, but it pains me, I can't even imagine a week without her. I'm such a wimp. She's like the sister I never knew, I would tell her secrets and how I did today. She'd be so happy that the moon will eclipse in her eyes.

I closed the letter, and went to check if my older brother Jeff was still at the house. Since he wasn't home, I went oustside of the house and walked to the nearest rice farm in our village. As you can see our house is in the middle of a rice farm that's why it's so solemnly quiet.

It's like a rural area in the middle of a suburban city. Walking towards the rice fields, I could aready feel the dusk breeze in my cheeks, I never felt so home. That's why my cousins and friends love to visit my humble abode, because of the first class cusine and the very comforting breeze.

Stepping into one patty at a time, I eventually went to the abandoned rice storage. It was destroyed because of a storm hitting our neighborhood, now you could only see five pillars of cement and three coconut trees in the middle of seemingly infinite rice patties.

Walking there was almost scary since you could only use one foot at the time, and if you fall down, you'd get stained because the soil for rice is very viscous and dark when wet so it would stick to you. Also the fear of leeches and snakes are also present since they live also in the patties. Don't forget the rats.

I got used to the insects and animals that live in the patties, so it didn't matter to me anyways. Reaching the abandoned storage, I could see our beautiful neighborhood in sight. I sat down and watched the sun go down.

I knew I'd had a hard time going home since it was so dark, so the moment the sun went down, I returned home. I didn't want to risk falling down the narrow passage.

Going home, it was still dark, but I could see our housemaid cooking in the kitchen. The smell of soy sauce and chicken meat makes me know what we'll be having for dinner. I sat down the living room and opened the television to watch the news.

I didn't pay attention to the news anchor, I still contemplated what to do with my life. I keep on asking myself, should I be ready for tomorrow. In fact I don't even know what to do tomorrow. I don't even know where to go.

Should I really attend tomorrow?

Our housemaid calling me signals that I should eat supper already. I ran towards the kitchen and the smell of soy sauce is making me starving. Forgetting my manners, I took almost half of the meat and chowed down like there was no tomorrow.

She was surprised to see me so hungry, she smiled at me since she knew I always liked her cooking, so she just gave me more. I kept on eating until I felt stuffed and I couldn't eat anymore. I stood up and grabbed an iced tea in the refrigerator. Iced Tea is my guilty pleasure, I drink it more than water.

Finishing my iced tea, I threw the can in the garbage can and waved at our housemaid because I wanted to sleep early for tomorrow. The question 'Should I really go tomorrow?' became a mantra in my head.

I should, my mom wanted me to attend. So I should.

And with that final thought, I brushed my teeth and tucked myself in bead and entering in utter bliss.

I think I'll enjoy it tomorrow.

I hope you'd like the new edition of my prologue. I always wanted to write it smoothly. And I did. This was the first time I used the wattpad page to edit or update my stories. I usually do it in microsoft word and use Arial 9 to predict how many pages I'm gonna get. I usually stop when I reach 2,500 words to 3,000 because that is like five pages already. But I wanted to impress you guys, so I'm trying to detail every movement to make it lengthy :)

I just hope you like this story, if you did vote for it :) and why not share it with your friends. You'd do me a great favor.

-Aaron