I was practicing the stunt I had to do, and we only had a little less than an hour.

Unfortunately, something had happened to the cheer practice gym, so we had to share with them. Luna glared at me almost the whole time, though I tried not to notice.

I was lifted into the air again, held for a moment after my leg lifted into pirouette position, and carried to another group.

I then flipped over and landed in the other group's arms.

After several practiced times, they nearly dropped me. That was when our instructor called for a break.

"Are you alright, Luke?" She asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I responded.

"Okay." She nodded.

I walked towards the bleachers to sit down.

"Nice going, Luke." Luna scoffed, flicking a strand of her ginger hair back.

I rolled my eyes.

"You know, I've never been dropped. Maybe if you weren't so fat, they would've been able to catch you properly." She chuckled.

I ignored her, even though her words stung a bit.

She laughed at my silence.

"See you later, skirt boy. I hope you get dropped on your head at the pep rally." She said before walking away.

Once the cheerleaders started practicing again, I watched as Luna was thrown into the air, barely completing twirls and flips and rolls. I could've said something to her about it, but there was no reason to.

Our instructor got us into our starting position and began our music, which was harder to hear with the cheerleader's music playing as well.

***

We were about to go up in the middle of the gym, and the cheerleaders were doing a small routine. Luna almost fell during a turn, since she didn't have proper technique.

After they got off, it was our turn. We walked up to the center and got into our first position, and the music started.

We began dancing, and my stunt luckily went smoothly. It earned cheer from all around us, and I know it boosted all of our confidence levels.

Once we finished, it was the cheerleader's turn to go back up. This time, they were going to be lifted and tossed in the air.

I watched all of them, but I think everybody noticed when Luna got thrown up, did some twists, and then didn't get caught.

She hit the ground pretty hard, and almost everybody in the gym gasped.

She didn't stand for several minutes, and I was starting to think that she had broken something.

Then, she jumped to her feet and began screeching about how she just couldn't believe that her bases had actually failed to catch her.

I thought it was hilarious.