I was sitting on my bed, waiting for dinner to be done. The note from my locker was opened in front of me as I read it again. I had already tried to examine the handwriting and match it to someone's that I knew, but my attempts were unsuccessful. I didn't know anybody who wrote like that. Sighing, I skimmed over it one more time.

Luke,

I've liked you for a couple months now. I wanted to let you know, but I can't let you know who I am. I can't take that risk. However, I think you're amazing, and I think that I may be falling for you. Sorry to be so blunt, but I had to get that out. You needed to know, even if you only know some weird person who wrote you an ananymous note has a crush on you. I almost didn't write this, but I was eventually convinced to. Only two other people know how I feel. They thought this would be a good idea. So, here I am- writing out my crush to you on paper just so I can slide it into your locker. Maybe I'll do more of these, it never hurts anyone to get compliments.

See you, I guess x

There was a quiet knock on my bedroom door before it opened. My mother peeked her head in.

"Hey, sweetie. Dinner's almost ready." She informed me.

"Okay. I'll be down in a minute." I replied. She nodded before leaving, closing the door behind her. I folded up the note and put it in the drawer on my nightstand.

When I got downstairs, my mom was just finishing cooking.

"What are we having?" I wondered as I stood in the kitchen.

"Chicken and rice." She answered. I smiled, because it was on of my favorite things that she cooked.

As we ate, she told me about her day at work and how the cute new co-worker had a great sense of humor.

"How was school?" She asked me after her story.

"Good." I shrugged. For a moment, I considered telling her about the note. I decided not to, not yet anyway.

After dinner, I took a long shower before going to bed, thoughts of who could have written the note swarming my mind.

I showed up to school on time the next day, much to Calum's satisfaction.

"I'm proud, man." He joked. I laughed.

"It was one day!" I defended my actions the day before.

My mind drifted to Ashton as Calum began talking about his new puppy.

After a minute, I felt a hand on my back.

"Hey, Luke." Ashton smiled at me. I beamed back.

"Hey." I responded.

"Halloween's in a little over a month. Do either of you have any plans?" He questioned. Calum and I both shook our heads.

"Great!" Ashton exclaimed before handing a flyer to me and then one to Calum. It was an invitation to a Halloween party at Ashton's house.

"Where's Michael?" He asked.

"He's running late, but he is actually coming today." Calum informed him. Ashton nodded.

"Okay. How are you guys doing?" Ashton wondered.

"Good, you?" Cal replied.

"Fine." Ash answered.

After a moment, Ashton's girlfriend came up to us. She wrapped her arms around Ashton tightly, and Ash kissed her forehead. I felt a little bit jealous, but smiled at her anyway.

Ashton's girlfriend was a cheerleader. She had no interest in being captain, but she was a flyer. She had naturally ginger hair and pretty green eyes.