Choosing the perfect dress

Logan and I were giggling and laughing while talking to each other about school. I realised where I had seen him before. He was with me in school but had left mid- semester. I got a message from my assistant in the office saying, Where are you! So i checked the time and realised it had been more than an hour! "Logan, I gotta go now, I'm probably late for work." I said with a smile on my face. "Okay, see you around" He replied. I paid for the coffee and left for work again.

*after work*

I was walking back home from my office when i heard my cell phone ring. "Hello?" I spoke into my phone. "Ya, hi, June," Said Stacy from the other side of the line. "The wedding's in 2 weeks!" She yelled. I held the phone far away from my ear hoping that I wouldn't go deaf. "I need to decide the dress, please come with me!" Pleaded Stacy. "Sure, I'll be there for you," I assured. I half heartedly listened to what she was saying until something caught my attention. "What!" I yelled into the speaker. "You want me to plan your entire wedding!?!"I continued. "Yes! you and Ryan's friend!" Stated Stacy.

"Okay," I said in a hushed tone.

I hung up and hailed a taxi. I hopped in and told the driver to take it to central park. I owned a flat in the building directly opposite. While seated in the taxi, I put my head in my hands and groaned. Now don't get me wrong on this, I'm happy for Stacy, but organising her entire wedding! I wouldn't take the responsibility if I had an option. What if I do something wrong? What if I screw up her wedding big time! She won't forgive me for ruining her Big Day! Relax. I comforted myself. You just need to think calmly and you'll be able to do this.

*the next day*

I got up in the morning and let out a big yawn and stretched my hands. I heard my phone beep twice and I checked it. I got a message from Stacy saying, Come to 'Platinum' (it's a dress shop) at 4 today. Okay, I replied.

Time seemed to pass by way too fast now and it was 4 within no time. I put on my favourite creme coloured dress which was tight fitted from waist down. I arrived at Platinum and saw Stacy standing near the entrance in a blue dress. She was very eager to try on dresses, and i could tell because she was staring into her silver guess watch impatiently.

"Hey girly!" I said as I embraced her into a hug. "Looking good!" Said Stacy. "Thanks," I said. I had not met Stacy for around two weeks because of work.

So, we walked into the shop and conversed with the attendant.

She showed us some pretty cool dresses. "I was thinking for a strapless dress. Tight fitted till my waist and then it flows." explained Stacy. The attendant showed her exactly what she wanted and Stacy clapped her hands in joy. I felt happy for her and so I smiled sweetly.

After Stacy tried on her final dress, the attendant said,"Hey miss, that dress doesn't fit you exactly so we can take your measurement and alter your dress." "Sure okay." In the end Stacy chose a long satin dress. The back was open from the centre and was designed. It was outlined with pearls. It was tight fitted till her torso. She looked at herself in the mirror. She looked gorgeous!

They took Stacy's measurements and wrote them down on a piece of paper. After that we paid the advance money and walked out of the shop. "Okay. June?" Asked Stacy. "Would you like to be the maid of honour at my wedding?" I stopped walking and embraced Stacy into a hug and said, "Of course I will," and with that, we continued walking down smiling at each other.