30 | Recovery

Ross' POV

I dropped the phone in shock and ran out to the stage.

"She's awake!! Pailsey's awake!" I cried into the microphone.

The crowd began to cheer and clap their hands. I felt a hand go on my shoulder and turned around, Riker stood behind me with the rest of the band.

"Go." he smiled. I smiled back and ran to the van.

I drove as fast as I could to the hospital, it took about 20 minutes.

I ran inside and the employees automatically recognized me.

I ran to the elevator and waited impatiently. The doors opened and I was greeted by Jessie.

"Ross! Come!!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me to her door. Everyone saw me and silenced. They started leaving, knowing we had unfinished business.

"Mom? Dad? Why are you leaving? What's hap-" She saw me, "What are you doing here?"

"Paisley...." I muttered.

"I said what are yo-"

"I love you. I know I'm the main reason you are in this, but you don't understand how much I love you. I've spent months in agonizing pain, hoping that you would wake up. After tonight, I would never see you again, I would never see myself again." I began to cry in front of her, but her expression never changed.

"It's too late Ross. You've come at the wrong time to care. I don't want to hear any more of your lies. Get out."

"But Paisley I-"

"I said...Get out!" her voice cracked as she yelled pointing out the door.

I decided not to argue and leave. I trust Jessie will tell her about how much I care for her. All that matters is that she's awake. I'm getting a second chance to fix everything.

"How is everything with her?" Nurse Rabekah asked coming up to me.

"Oh.. She hates me, but she won't soon. She'll forgive me..or not. I'm just glad she's awake." I said in a tearing smile, "Thank you." and held her in a tight hug.

"You're welcome." She said back astonished.

Jessie's POV

I walked back in Pailsey's room.

"You know what he said is true. He cried for days, gave up everything." I said walking up to her.

"What do you mean gave up everything?" She said slowly sitting up.

"Exactly that. He told Frenchy off in front of everybody and gave his place to Logan. I literally was his only friend after the school turned on him as well. He visited you everyday day for two weeks before he went on tour. Every visit he would talk to you, for hours! Some people in the hospital were thinking of putting him in a mental Ward... but he didn't care. Because all he cared about was you."

"Wow... I can't believe it. He actually cares for me.." She said looking down, "I feel kind of bad for kicking him out now.." She chuckled.

"Well you have plenty of time after you recover to tell him how you feel! Can I show you something else?" I asked.

"Uh..sure." She response sounding kind of uneasy.

"Look at this." I showed her the r5 interview that Ross opens up on. Pailsey's eyes were filled with tears.

"I can't believe he said that! He was actually honest about everything!" She said astonished.

"You wanna know how much '#wakeuppasiley' has trended?" She nodded, "It was been used by over 10,000 people all over the world! That's 10,000 people you don't even know who were hoping and praying just for you to wake up! You're worth it Paisley.."