11 | The truth comes out

Ross' POV

"What the Hell happened? Why are you here?" I asked seeing the tears coming down Bruce's face, he never cries.

"I," He started catching his breath, "I r-ran away!" He cried out, suddenly we heard police sirens coming up the street.

"The police! Let me inside!" he said already locking the door.

"What the fuck is going on?! Why did you run away!?!?" I yell-whispered, clearly too loud.

"What?! Bruce? You ran away? What happened?!" my mom said running up to us, shaking his shoulders. God, I think neither of us want her getting in the middle of this..

"Mom, I think this should be between me and Bruce."

"But I'm your mother and-"

"Mom." I said in a serious tone.

"Ok.. Bruce, you're welcomed to stay here as long as you want." she responded, then left us alone.

We both ran into my room so he could explain more to me.

………………………………………………

"So all those times you would come to school with bruises were not from fights!? They were from your dad!?!? Why didn't you tell me this!? I'm your best friend! We could of done something about this! Like gone to the police or something!!" I wailed. I can't believe Bruce would hide something THAT serious from me!!

"And what would they do? Send me across the US, from foster home to foster home with no connection to anyone back here!! You think I'm dumb, I've researched it before!!!" he yelled back, still shaking with adrenaline.  He does have a point, he has no idea where his mom is, so he couldn't live with her...

"Oh...so what do you think is gonna happen? Your dad is still out there,do you think that police car was looking for you?"

"I don't know... He probably lied...saying that I attacked him and took off...that's what threw me juvy last time.."

"Oh my fucking God, I can't believe you lied about that too!!! All these years..... We better rest up. It's been a long night, and we can sort all of this shit tomorrow." I changed the subject and threw a bunch of pillows and blankets on the ground for him to sleep on. When I wake up tomorrow, I'll think it was all a nightmare..

Paisley's POV

When I got home my mom immediately started helping me up the stairs and to my bed.

"Huh. That's weird.." she said looking at my face

"What is?" I say kind of nervous.

"Most of your bruises are gone, but this one looks fresh.." she said softly touching my face.

Oh God, she noticed!! I panicked a bit, but came up with a lie, "I tripped in the parking lot and fell out of my chair..." I said looking at my sheets, I don't like lying to her face.

"Oh my! Sweetie, are you ok!?" she said in a panic.

"Yes I'm fine..it's just a little dirt.. nothing I can't handle." I said nonchalantly.

"Ok....goodnight, sweetheart!" She said walking out my room.

I still can't believe Bruce actually hit me... something must be wrong...

He would never act out like that, and he seemed very sketchy to begin with.. What was he nervous about? I have to find out one way or another.. It's just so unlike him!

……………………………………………

(two days later)

Everyone is staring at me, not sympathetically, but with disgust. On a good note, I can walk now!! I heard a girl call out to her friend, "Ha! I told you she would fall for him! You owe me five bucks!!" Seriously!? Everyone was just waiting for me to fall for him!