19 | This is just the beginning

Frenchy's POV

I haven't had a victim like this in a while..  It's so fun to torment someone everyday!! It's even more fun, when you have you're best friend right besides you...

I'm so glad Ross has gone back to his old self. That whole "I care about her" shit was not cutting it.

At lunch I saw Paisley and Jessie walking by us.

"Oh look! It's thing 1 and thing 2!!" The whole table laughed at my witty joke. All except for one..

"Oh cheer up Ross!" I nudged his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh," he let out a small chuckle, "Yeah..Dr. Seuss, really funny.." he seemed kind of out of it. I'd rather not ask..

Pailsey's POV

I'm so mad at them!! I tried to make it seem like what they said didn't hurt me, but it did. It shouldn't have though, it was a stupid joke. For some reason it hurt....more than it should have..

"Just ignore them.." Jessie whispered over to me.

"I don't know if I can... Everywhere I go, someone's saying something about me. And if they're not making fun of me, they're just trying to hook up.. I don't think I can take it anymore.." I said starting time tear up.

"What are you saying!? Are you feeling suicidal?" she asked in concern.

"No! No...but I might.. I think I want to switch schools.. start a new."

"You can't! If you go, what will happen to me? They'll destroy me."

"And what are they doing now!? Destroying me! What am I? Just some shield, getting all your blows so you don't get hurt!?" I'm starting to get angry. What did she mean by that?

"No! I care about you! But with you here, we have each other. With you gone, you live your happy new life and I'm all alone..."

"Well.. maybe we can switch to the same school?" I suggested.

"I can't.. It's either this school or homeschooling. It's the only school closest to home."

"But I can't take it Jessie..  I have a condition."

"Aren't you taking medication for it?"

"Yeah but it can always come back once It's gone and they haven't came in effect yet.." I honestly haven't been taking my pills.. I know I should, but I hate it! I feel like I have enough issues as it is, and now I have to deal with some weird disorder!?

"You can't leave me.." she had a sincere look in her eyes. A part of me kind of didn't like how she was using the guilt trip on me, but I she was right. I couldn't leave her.

"You're right. I'll stay." I said with a smile.

……………………………………………

Ross' POV

I told Frenchy I'd stop caring, but a part of me can't stop. I don't know, I just can't. It's a good thing I like acting...

In the halls I saw a person trip Paisley, without thinking I ran up to help her.

She was half way up, when I felt Frenchy put her hand on my shoulder.

I looked back at her as she mouthed, "No." I let go of her hand and watched Paisley fall back to the floor.

She looked up at me, not with sadness, but with hatred. If I knew what it felt like to get my heart broken, I can imagine it feeling like this...

"What were you thinking!?" Frenchy yell-whispered, hitting my arm.

"I wasn't! I don't know I just did it.."