21 | Battle scars

Paisley's POV

~Two weeks later~

It hasen't changed..... but I have..

I've been quieter. I figured if I stay quiet, it can't get worse.

The guys at this school are disgusting!! Every were I go there is someone saying something nasty to me!

Jessie takes my phone away when I'm at school. She says it's too distracting.. I'll admit, it is. Even though it breaks me a little more every time I see it, I just have to read my comments.

I walk down the halls alone, listening to the hatred everyone expresses towards me.

"Ew! Let's go! I don't want to get herpes!!"

"Damn girl! I don't mind sloppy seconds!!"

"I heard she had diseases!"

"That's such a lie! She is the disease!"

I try to tell myself,

"Ignore them. They aren't worth it."

But then the thought creeps in,

"or maybe...I'm not worth it.."

I don't know anymore..

~One month later~

A lot has changed.. Ross has been consumed with the whole "Logan trying to take over" situation, which is failing miserably. For Logan, that is..

Like me, Frenchy ruined most of their lives. Most of them switched schools. In fact, I think Logan's the last one. He refuses to give up though. I wish I could think like that.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jessie said.

"Numb.. I thought this was gonna blow over. It hasn't.."

"I'm sorry. I know how you feel! People make fun of me for hanging out with you! They're just immature. It's our senior year. After this, and we won't have to deal with these people again!"

"Yeah.. That's true.." I said looking down.

"Why are you wearing a sweater? It's like 80 degrees..." Jessie said clinging to my long sleeve.

"Oh..I thought it was going to be cold this morning...You know, I'm not really used to the constantly changing beach weather yet!" I said with a nervous laugh.

"Oh..yeah... I guess it was a little cloudy this morning.."

…………………………………………

I recently found this vinyl record store and decided to finally check it out.

"Looking for any specifics?" an older guy with a long dirty blonde ponytail asked me.

"Um.. I don't know! I just found this old record player in my storage, but no records to go with it! I don't really know what to look for.."

"Sweet! Well I would recommend some of the classics! You know, some Led Zeppelin, Jimmi Hendrix those records are in the back." He said pointing to the back of the store.

"Thanks!" I walked to the back and stared searching.

After a while I found and old Beatles album and a B52's album.

I started walking back to the front when I ran into HIM.. Of course Ross' would be here!!.

I tried running away as fast as I could, but he was faster.

He grabbed my arm and lightly pulled me back, "Paisley's don't run! Can we talk?"

"Get away from me!" I pulled my arm trying to get away. It wasn't a forceful grip, but I couldn't get out of it.

Ross' POV

I had to talk to Paisley.

"Paisley, can we just- What the.." I felt something on my hand.

I let go of her arm and looked down in terror. Blood covered my hand.

I looked back at Paisley who too, had the same terrified look on her face. Blood was dripping from the small cuts on her arm.

She started to cry, dropped the records, and ran out of the store.

"Paisley!!" I was too late, she already left.

"What's going on? What- is that blood!?" the store clerk look at me horrified, "What did you do to that girl!?!"

"It's not what you think! She had cuts....all over her arm.." I've seen many people with cuts on their wrists, but this, this hurt me.

"Listen punk! I don't know if I believe you or not, but I see you in my shop again, I'm calling the cops!!" the man shoved me out the door.

Wow. In for a few minutes and I'm already banned from the ONLY record shop in Huntington..

I went inside a restaurant and washed Paisley's blood off my hands.

I still have her face pinned in my memory. Terrified. Hurt.

A part of me feels like it's my fault...but that's silly! How is it my fault!? I don't even talk to her anymore! And Frenchy was the one who ruined her life, not me!!

I want to get her out of my head, but can't. Like her blood, the scene is stained in my memory. 

What am I doing!?  I know were Paisley lives!

I got in my car and headed to her house.

When i got there, I immediately ran up to her door and knocked rapidly.

She opened up.

"Ross! You aren't allowed here!! Go home!!" she yelled.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me."

"Tell you what?!"

"What happened? When I met you, you'd never do that! Why?!?"

"Because you did NOTHING! "

"Are you seriously blaming me for what you did to yourself!?!"

"Ross...you need to leave.. NOW!" before I could say another word, she slammed the door.

I slumped back in my car.

Maybe this is my fault.. I should have stayed by her side and supported her, but Logan would have taken over.

Some girl isn't worth giving up the life I've worked so hard to get! I won't let her get to me! She can try to guilt trip me, but it won't work!!

Jessie's POV

I'm a little worried for Paisley... I mean I've been getting teased all of high school, but not as bad as she is!

And that whole sweater thing!? There was not one sign of it being cold today!

I used to self harm and I know what people do to cover it up.. I just don't get why she won't tell me! I want to help her but I can't if she lies and keep secrets from me!!

Paisley's POV

I lied on my bed crying. Ross broke my cuts open.. I was hurting inside and out.

I opened my lock box and threw in another death threat. There's no longer just that one note, there's now tons of them. The box is almost full!

I don't know why I keep them. Something psychotic in my brain just has to keep them and read them every once in a while.

Sometimes after crying I can't go to sleep and I picture different ways to die. The closer I am to death, the farther off I drift into a beautiful dream land.

Even though It's only like 5:35, I decided to rest. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine a better place.

Ahhhh!!  So some important things happened in this chapter!  The story is getting just a little but towards the ending...but we're not there yet!! There are still some events that have to occur.. Get ready for next time!! Bye!!