6 | Old enemies and..new friends?

Paisley's POV

Ugh! I can't believe that guy, Bruce! He didn't stop bothering me all last period!! I told Jessie about him and she told me that he has a reputation and I shouldn't get involved. She's lived here all her life, so I'm trusting her advice.. like I'd give him a chance any ways!!

I started walking home since my house isn't that far then:

"Jesus, you walk fast!" Bruce said exhausted running up next to me

"Excuse me? What do you think you're doing!? You scared the crap out of me!" I yelled

"I'm walking home with you." he said in a nonchalant voice.

"No your not! I hardly now you, let alone like you! Go home!!" what is up with this guy!?

"No!  Not until you say you like me!"

"Fine! I like you! Now go!"

"I'm not convinced.. so what do you want to do? Watch a movie..oh, we could hang at the mall!"

"Oh my God.." it all just clicked.

"What?" he asked confused

"No girl has ever hated you? Hasn't  there?!" I said poking his chest

"um... " he was silent

"Well this girl really doesn't like you and you're just gonna have to deal with it. You know, not everyone is gonna like you?" I said to him. I guess he actually ment it when he said he didn't want to "get" with me..

"Yeah I know... so what do you want to do?" I went back to the last subject

"Ugh! You'll never learn! Well.. if you refuse to leave me alone, I guess we could go to the mall.. I haven't been there yet.."

"Great!" he said with an ear-to-ear grin.

…………………………………………………

We've been at the mall for about an hour and it's actually really nice! I'll admit...Bruce isn't as bad as I thought..he's actually really nice and funny, but I'll never like-like him.  He's just not my type..

"So will you admit it now??" he said eagerly

"Fine! I like you! You're awesome..." I admitted

"Ha!  I knew it!! No one can resist this!" he said circling his face

"whoa there! Don't let that go to your head! How could we be friends though? Doesn't Ross like, hate me?"

"No..no..He's like that to everyone..one minute he's mean to you, the next you're hanging at eachothers house. It's Frenchy you have to be worried about!!"

"Why aren't you like him? You're his best friend, yet you're so different.."

"We're not that different...but I don't know..when we met we were so alike, now all he cares about are  partys and sex...I guess it's kinda my fault.." he said looking down. What does that mean??

"How is it your fault?" I can't help it, I'm curious!

"Well, when he moved here, I was his first friend and I was already popular as it is, but I was popular because I was nice, and attractive, and had a six pack-"

"Get to the point! This about Ross, not you!"

"Right..right...he saw popular in the different way, and it went to his head. He started to get popular for hooking up with the schools hottest girls and the more he did it, the more people saw it as cool and..I had no choice but to go along with it.. It made me who I am now, but I refuse to bully girls like him!"

"Wow.." I was lost for words..I can't believe Ross turned such a great guy into a jerk like him!

"It's funny..I never actually told anyone about that...but you never know! Maybe our friendship, might make a new one with Ross too??"

"No! Are you kidding me?! What you told me makes me hate him even more!!  I still can't believe he did that to me earlier! I was drunk, I couldn't control my actions!" I can't believe he actually expects me to just become all buddy-buddy with Ross after what he's put me through!

"Well.. I was just putting it out there....it's either keep old enemies or make new friends.. it's you're choice, but if you don't forgive him, I guarantee it's just going to get worse!" he said stopping and looking at me, waiting for me to think it over.

"If you're my supposed 'friend' then why don't you just stop Ross from hurting me?"

"It's not just Ross I'm talking about..it's the entire school.." he said flashing his eyes towards a group of girls the were looking at me and whispering.

"No. I have morals. I can stand you, but I will never like Ross. I think we should go now." I had already started towards the door as the girls started giggling at me.

…………………………………

Bruce's POV

The rest of the ride home was full of awkward silence. I was just trying to help her! The bullying is just going to get worst from here and she has no idea what's coming to her! I've seen it happen before. I've seen what Ross does to people like her. They'll switch schools or, once, someone actually killed herself because of him..that's when I stopped being mean to girls. I don't want to see it happen again.

"Thanks for driving me home cutie. We'll have to do this again some other time! Maybe we'll go to Ruby's?" I say breaking the silence

"Maybe!" she said driving off with a smile.

What should I do when she gets teased? People might start teasing me for being soft, Ross might even get mad at me! We'll both be the laughing stock of the school. I can't do anything.