20 | The banner

Pailsey's POV

I've been so depressed...

"Have you been taking your medication lately?" my mom asked.

"Yes, mom... but I really don't have to! I don't have sad, it whatever that weird disorder is! I'm completely normal!!"

"Oh sweety...who said you aren't normal!?"

"I did..." She held me in a tight hug.

"Having anxiety doesn't make you any different than anyone else! Many people have it! Even celebrities!!"

"Yeah I guess you're right..." I didn't believe it. Even if it was true. If people found out I took anxiety meds, the bullying would just get worse..

"Are you alright, sweety? You seem kind of down.. How's school?"

I thought about it, It's been really bad.. I think I should tell her, "Well..actually-"

Her phone started ringing and she picked up, "Hello?" she held up her finger and walked away.

I sat on the couch, waiting for her call to end. A few minutes later she came back,

"Paisley, something came up..I need to go to work right now! I should be home by midnight. If you want, we can continue this conversation?"

"Don't bother, I'll be asleep.."

"Oh.. okay! I'll see you later, love you byeeee!!" she waved out the door.

"Love you" the door slammed shut, "too..."

"Of course she HAD to go to work!"

"Are you okay Miss McAdam?" Fred asked coming next to me.

"I don't know...no.. I know she does this so I can be happy, but how can I be happy when she's never here for me when I'm down!? It's always just work, work, work!!"

"Well maybe you need to tell her that money can't solve everything and although I know she loves you, she needs to show more affection towards you and just take a break from work for at least a day.."

"That's really good advice Fred... Thanks.." I hugged him and went upstairs.

Fred always gives the best advice, but that was advise for me and my mom, not school..

I still have the note that was given to me.. I put it in a little lock-box I found around the house. I hid the key with my diary, so no one will find it.

…………………………………………

I walked up to my locker,

"Whore"

"Slut"

"Ugly bitch"

were written on it with permanent marker.

"I can't believe this school is actually THAT immature!" Jessie said next to me.

"I can't believe It's happening again.." I quietly said to myself.

"Again?? What do you mean by again?"

"You know me.. my temper always got the best of me.. I would always speak up if I was mad enough. I always made enemies at the school I went to and eventually, the entire school is my enemy.."

"So you've been bullied at every school you went to!?"

"Pretty much..other than the one in Minnesota. I don't know, I guess always being the new girl kind of automatically makes you the odd one out..."