23 | The truth hurts

Jessie's POV

I sat crying with Paisley's mom in the hospital. No, I take that back, bawling with her mom.

I can't believe she tried to kill herself.. I can't believe I couldn't stop her.. The doctor won't even let us see her.

A tall man with reddish-brown hair ran in the waiting room. A beautiful woman caught up behind him carrying a....probably 3 year old boy.

"Where is she!?  Where is she!? Where's my daughter!??" he yelled searching around the room. He locked his eyes on us and ran up to Paisley's mom.

"Where is she?" he asked, eyes darting everywhere.

"It's n-no use...T-the doctor won't even let us see her.." she said through her tears.

"So you're just gonna sit there and cry!? At least fight to see her!! I demand to see her!!" he belted.

"You don't think I tried already!? Maybe if you didn't abandon us for this other woman, you would of been here to see it!" The beautiful lady awkwardly started to play with the little boy, clearly SHE was the other woman.

"Don't bring our marriage issues into this! Your daughter just tried to kill herself and might possibly be dead and you bring our marriage up!?" People were starting to stare at the drama they were presenting. Now I see where Paisley gets it from..

"Oh, so suddenly she's MY daughter when it comes to her killing herself!? God that is so you... once something gets hard, you just give up and pass it to me!" Paisley's Mom started to cry again.

"Listen, I'm here for OUR daughter, not to start another fight! Jesus! I thought you would be considerate enough to give one night of fighting up for our daughter, but I guess I was wrong.."

I sat quietly listening to the argument. For a second, it took my mind off Paisley.. a doctor brought my attention back to the real issue.

"Excuse me. I'm guessing you're Paisley's family?" the doctor asked.

"Well, we are... I don't know who this girl is.." Paisley's father said pointing to me. Talk about rude..

"I'm her best friend. I called 911 when it happened.." I said with a glare.

"That's fine.. I have some good news and bad news.. The good news is that Paisley is alive!" the doctor said in a cheerful voice.

"That's great!! but...what's the bad news...?" her mom asked, a scared tone quivered in her voice.

"She is alive...but in a coma.... she damaged a lot of her brain in the accident.. We don't know how long until she will wakes up or if she will  wake up.. I'm so sorry.." The doctor's voice has slow, he sounded as if he had said this many times.

"Oh God!!" her mother cried.

"C-can we see her?" I asked.

"You may all see her." he moved out of the way for us to all walk to her room.

We walked in and her Mom let out a loud gasp. I would of too, but I seemed unable to make a sound.

Cuts and bruises covered her. Her left arm was in a cast and stitches were sewn on different parts of her body, making her look very Frankenstein-like.

"Oh...my..God..." her father shed a single tear. I could see in his face, he wanted to break down, but instead he ran. He ran down the hall and out of the waiting room, grabbing his wife and kid. He didn't return.

Her mother collapsed crying at Paisley's bed. I wanted to cry, but couldn't. As if I were all out of tears. Completely empty!

After a while of trying to find the urge to cry, I decided I needed to think.