Chapter 17

Im still on the same video from last chapter but I'm going to put it at the top of this chapter again if you want to watch it! :P

________________________________________________

I am frozen in place. The worst thoughts cloud my mind of what could have happened. After staring out at the horizon, trying desperately to comprehend what just happened. I hear a loud thud on one of the poles, holding up the bridge. Fear trickles from my eyes in tears and I look over the ledge, grasping onto the side railing for my life when I see Sam, softy drifting from side to side in the wind. I cant look at what lies under the thick metal grate that holds me up. Through the cracks, I catch another glimpse of Sam swinging. The operator looks over the edge, fear strikes him and he looks around at the other workers. The pull the machine starts when the man pushes the button to pull him back up. I watch slowly as Sam arises, up right with a bright beam on his face. "what?" I ask, hesitant because I thought he just died. "Hai!" He says when he gets up onto the platform "That was crazy!" He says, acting as if nothing had just happened. I grasp him tightly and he hugs me back, still shaking from the fall. "What happened?" I ask, whipping the tears from my eyes.

 "Well I fell but I managed to push myself off the corner of the platform further back. My rope swung me towards the pole but I managed to just miss it and either way, my hands were in front of me so I wouldn't hit it." I stare in disbelief at how calm he was. He is still warm and comforting as I go in for another hug. He didn't get wet either and we tease the others as we head back down the bridge to the camper van. The road is long and we drive for what feels like hours. I remain in the back seat as Elton drives us along long straight and crazy roads. I sit on my laptop with my headphones on, listening to music and editing some photographs I had taken before I got adopted. The photo was Landon on the beach at sunset and it was absolutely stunning. The way the sun accented his silhouette made the photo pure and romantic. He was my model for most of my photos because he was my best friend. I couldn't help but sigh, thinking about him. As if on cue, my phone went off. I hadn't heard it because of my music but I reached the end of the song so I could hear it. I look at my phone to see I have 5 text messages, all from Landon.

L - Landon J - Juliet

_________________________________________

L- WOW! take some photos, when did this happen?

L- Jules?

L- Was the comment to much?

L- Jules, please, Im sorry

L-Just respond to let me know that I did something wrong, please?!

I hurry a reply for feeling bad.

J-Nothing is wrong, I had headphones on and didn't hear my phone going off, Im so sorry! Your comment wasn't bad but we do need to talk about that.

L- Thank God. Yeah, I guess we do.

J- What is going on between us?

My nerves started to make me shake, out of anticipation and fear.

L- Im not sure tbh

J- Me either...

L-...

J- Oh! check out this photo I'm editing!

And like that, our convocation was over. We didn't know what was going on between us but it was going to be a long and awkward month if we didn't figure it out soon. We talk for another couple of hours when he says he has to go, he is on kitchen duty tonight. I wish him luck then turn my phone off and continue to edit the photo. Colby is sitting up the front with Elton, talking about stuff and Sam is at the back on Elton and Corey's bed, editing a video, last time I checked. I turned to look at him and saw that he passed out on his laptop, Corey sitting beside his sprawled out body. Elton wasn't planing on sleeping until later so Corey fell after waking up Sam to go to bed. I got the ladder for him as he made his way over slowly. He gave me a quick hug before heading up the ladder carefully and passing out before his head hit the pillow. I continue editing the next photo when I look up to see someone sit opposite to me. I look up to meet the eyes of the brown haired boy. I give him a smile and push my headset back onto my neck when he gives me a smile. "Hey" I greet as I give him a tired smile. He looks completely awake and he responds with a simple "Hey" I look back down at my laptop and then I feel someone slip in the seat next to me. I feel an arm around my shoulder and I snuggle into the warmth of the body next to me. Im freezing so the warmth is pleasing to my cheek and I look up to my brother Colby. "what you working on?" I follow his line of sight at my laptop of another photo of Landon but he is in the water, waist hight and he is looking at the sun again with one hand in his hair. We did a photo shoot at the beach and I posted them on my own website. Juliet Photography. I haven't told anyone about it besides Landon and he is super supportive. On half the screen I have my website open and on the other I have the photo i'm editing. I shut the lid swiftly and then look back at Colby as if nothing had happened. "What was that? It looked cool" I give him a side smile. "its nothing" I say, shaking it off but he refuses to let it go. He slides my laptop over and opens the lid gently. He scrolls though the website and looks at all the photos I have already posted. He then observes the photo I'm currently editing and he stares in awe, his mouth slightly open. "Why didn't you tell me about this? Your really talented!" I give a slight smirk and shut my laptop again. "Thank you" "Can I see more?" He asks, nodding to my laptop. I give him a smile and then pull out my phone. I go onto album and open the special photo album I made on my phone. I open it up and there are over 30 photos that I took and I allow him to look through them, examining them each closely. After looking he compliments me on the photos but I don't realise because I had slowly drifted to sleep in his hug.

____________________________________________________
Nice brother and sister moment between Colby and Juliet. I feel like I do a lot of Sam and Juliet so I wanted to give Colby a moment. Thank you for the 296 reads! IM 4 FROM 300!!!! Legit less than a week ago I was at 200. Thank you so much! Im mind blown!

Later Fam!  <3