Chapter 28

THE RITUAL

Prius was about to enter in the Crescent territory when an invisible wall welcome him.

That invisible wall is one of the gifts of the moon goddess to the Crescent pack. The stronger the Alpha, the stronger the wall and it will easily felt by all the members of the pack if someone set their foot in the territory uninvited, but if the Alpha is weak, the wall is weak too and nobody from the members will feel the uninvited guest.

Prius put his hand on it and grin as he felt it was strong. It would be perfect if Paige is strong for the ritual.

"Now, it's time to call for my prodigal daughter" Prius said and started to speak in ancient language calling his blood that was inside the wall. It would be easier to break the wall from inside.

+++

Someone open the door harshly getting the attention of the twins and Padruig.

Raim immediately bow his head after seeing Paige kneeling in the floor, "Alpha..."

"I felt it" Paige said cutting him off. "He will be here any minute now, if his blood answer to his call" she was watching her brother searching for her. "Hide the children, the olds and the mothers. Make sure they are safe" she commanded to Raim.

Raim nodded and immediately left to do her command.

"I'm sorry Paige" Padruig said, "I can't interfere in your affairs knowing none of my kind is involved"

Paige nodded. She already knows about the conditions. "Thank you for visiting Uncle Padruig" she smiled at him, "stay safe" then she left.

Payne clicked his tongue when he couldn't find her. He left the office and search around the mansion praying she was still there inside the mansion fighting the call.

Paige paused when she heard growling from outside the mansion. Her eyes began searching for her brother.

She calls one of the sentinels when she couldn't find her brother, "find my brother and don't let him go outside this house" it was a pure command. The sentinel bow and automatically search for Payne.

Paige inhale deeply steeling her nerves before she face her parent's murderer.

+++

"Ah there she is!" Prius said seeing Paige came out from the mansion.

Paige went to the front of her pack who was growling at Prius. "You came" she said closing her hand into fist trying to calm her wolf.

"I promised didn't I?" Prius grinned, "That I will come and get you"

She wants blood. She wants to kill this man painfully slow letting him feel what she and her brother felt when he kill their parents.

Prius smiled widely seeing she was controlling her rage, "Oh my dear sweet Paige, I always get what I want" he spread his arms wide and a dark shadows came out from his body.