Chapter 26

THE GUEST

"Even though you got your power back, your body is still adjusting after a long slumber" Paige said. "How long have been in slumber?"

"Fifteen years" Payne simply answered.

"Fifteen?" Paige frowned, "I thought you'll wake up when the seal is broken" Payne glance at her then back to the papers again. "When you seal my memories, you also seal half of your power to my body and that's why the memories of the pack of Alpha Angelo were altered. But it was suppress by my wolf protecting it from the others" Paige was in deep thought.

When her wolf was trying to protect the power of her brother inside her, that was the time when the pack of Alpha Angelo begun mistreating her. But then again why would her brother need to seal half of his power inside her when they can live on their own away from Prius. Then everything dawn to her.

She looked straight to her brother, "You were taken, aren't you?" she asked.

Payne just stared at her.

"Answer me" she trying to calm herself; "You were taken, aren't you?"

Payne sighed. Her sister is smart; he knew sooner or later he needs to tell it to her. "Yes, I was taken."

"Then how..." her eyes roam around thinking how her brother escape from 'him'.

"You must understand Paige" Payne said looking at his sister softly, "We were too young. We were both seven years old when we undergo the inheritance rituals. We both don't know how to control it. Our parents didn't teach us how to use it."

"Because of the pain of losing our parents and he almost got you, I unconscious release all the power mother gave to me." Payne paused, "my body couldn't keep up to the sudden release of power. That's why when we were fleeing I can feel my body weakening. I can't protect you if my body is weak. I took a risk knowing his rouges were following us."

"You sacrifice yourself to protect me." Paige said finishing his sentence.

Payne nodded, "I let myself to be taken knowing he can't complete the ritual without you and half of my power. I hid you so well, but I guess my power is not that strong and lasting."

As if the pieces were stating to fit to each other, "and you escape because of her, am I right?" Paige said. "She is also the reason why you wake up early without waiting for the seal to be broken."

Payne didn't response.

"I can smell his blood flowing in her body" Paige continued.

"Like what the fate said, we were destined to be with the people that cause our parents demise."

There's a soft knock in the door and it opens making them to turn their head to look who it is.

Alena looked back and forth to the twins and notice they were wearing serious faces. "Oh sorry to interrupt your conversation"

"it's okay, My light" Payne said smiling at Alena, "We're already done talking"

Paige glances at her twin brother, "I can see why you keep calling her light" Payne glance at her, "Alena means Light"

"It is not just because of that" Payne said, "She is my light when I was trap in the darkness of slumber."

Paige rolled her eyes knowing her brother is a smooth talker.