Chapter 3

THE DEAL

"The Future depends on what we do in the present." 

Mahatma Gandhi

The Alpha was seating in the leather couch facing the medical bed. He can hear the Rouge's breathing synchronizing the up and down of her chest. The Rouge's heart were normally beating; ranging from ninety to one hundred beat per minute. The beeping sound of the machine beside her was deafening. The Rouge has been out for almost three months now.

The Rouge looked different now. The bruises were completely gone and the fresh wounds were completely healed but some of the scars were still visible.

The pack Doctor's wife was helping attending the patient. She sponge bath and patiently massage the Rouge's body so it wouldn't go numb or stiff.

The pack Doctor said that there's a possibility that Rouge will regain her consciousness anytime soon.

It is best if the first person the Rouge will see is the Alpha. There's so many unanswered question in the Alpha's mind and the Rouge was the only one who can answer all of it.

Eaton – one of the Sentinels was also there in the medical room. He was assigned to guard the room but he was sleeping at the single sitter couch near the door. He was tossing side by side searching for a comfortable position. He didn't even notice that Alpha is already there.

The Alpha's eyes were starting to droop when he saw a slight movement in the Rouge's hand. Her fingers were twitching.

'The Rouge is waking up' the voice in the Alpha's mind said focusing his attention to the Rouge. He waited for how many minutes until the Rouge finally open her eyes but closed it again.

A few deep breathing, she slowly open her eyes again and let it adjust in the light. She stared at the ceiling for a while before she weakly pulled herself up to sit. She looked at her hands; clenching and unclenching it. She stretches both her arms and legs to diminish the numbness feeling in her muscles. She was to pull off the IV puncture in her forehand when she noticed someone was staring at her.

She looked at the man that was sitting in the couch in the front of her. "Am I dead?" she unconsciously massage her throat to ease the pain like it was scratch by a cat.

The Alpha watch the Rouge and chills travelled in his spine as the Rouge's cold violet eyes met his brown eyes. He felt like he was staring at the mannequin as the Rouge held no emotion in her face.

It was dead; even her violet eyes were cold and dead.

The atmosphere inside the room changed and his wolf was restless and uncomfortable. The throaty voice snapped him from his thoughts.

Eaton woke up and clumsily stood up after seeing the Alpha, "Alpha" he addresses bowing his head.

"Go get a drink for the patient" the Alpha ordered without looking at Eaton. Eaton nodded and left.

"No" the Alpha shook his head as soon as Eaton closes the door. "You're pretty much alive"

"Why?" the Alpha was stunned that all his words was sealed in his mouth. "Why am I still alive?" the Rouge added.

"How are you feeling?" the Alpha asked trying to change the subject but the Rouge just stared at him.

He sighed, The Rouge really don't know how to respect an Alpha.

"Are you going to kill me?" the Rouge bluntly asked, "for entering your territory without your permission"

"No" the Alpha flatly said. He crossed his arms in his chest, "From what pack are you from?" He waited for the Rouge to answer his question but he got nothing. The Rouge didn't even open her mouth and just stared at him.

She needs to learn how to respect an Alpha, the Alpha thought; looks like he'll be having difficulty to squeeze out answers from the Rouge.

"You really wanted to die huh?" He gently scratches his forehead.

"Yes, that's the plan"

"Why?"

"There's no reason for me to live anymore"

"There are many reasons for you to live" the Alpha said, "How about your parents?" Have you ever wondered what they feel if you die?" He was sure that the Rouge is still in the teenager stage that needs a parent's guidance.

"Never met them"

Orphaned Rouge, he thought; "And your Lifemate?"

"I don't have one"

"Every shifter has a Lifemate" the Alpha slightly smiled to the Rouge. "It is your other half. You'll feel complete and – ..." he absurdly shut his mouth thinking that no matter how much he explain it, the Rouge would probably won't listen. He sighed again, "Your pack?"

When she heard the word pack, all the memories that she experience in her pack flashback in her mind and she immediately dismiss it. It is something that she should be forgotten. "They don't care what'll happen to me"

The Alpha frowned. What kind of pack is that? Pack is the second family of the shifters. It protects and cares each other.

"Re you done questioning me, Alpha?" Are you going to kill me now?"

The Rouge is really desperate to die?

"NO! So stop asking me because I'm not going to kill you!" the Alpha snapped. He stood up and inhales deeply trying to calm down. He looked at the window, "in fact I'm here to make you a deal" he decided to save this Rouge.

"Deal?" She asked.

The Alpha nodded, "You practically owe me for not killing you and for that I'd like you to recognize me as your Alpha. Your life is bound to me." Until you find your Lifemate, he added in his mind.

As soon as those words left his mouth, The Rouge's life is completely bounded to him. "You'll obediently obey all my commands only."

"You're practically making me your slave" the Rouge said between her teeth.

"Not a slave but a servant" the Alpha corrected, "Think whatever you want to think. You don't have any choice but to accept that fate of yours" he walked towards the door and open it, "One day you'll thank me for saving your life" he whispered, enough for her to hear before he closed the door.

The moment those words left from his mouth, she can already feel the bonding between them leaving her no choice but to be a servant of this Alpha.

Whatever it takes, he'll give the Rouge a reason to live, not just for the Rouge's sake but for the sake of her Lifemate.