Chapter 29

THE RESURRECTION

The blood,

The blood was all he needs.

Prius without a remorse sliced Paige's wrist letting the blood flow from her wrist down to the ground slowly filling the carved ritual circle.

Paige closed her mouth tightly refusing to let out a cried after Prius sliced her wrist. Paige taught that she was already immune in physical pain but this pain is unbearable because her wound closes itself, Prius need to slice it over and over again flushing her blood from her body.

She was having difficulty in breathing as her blood was draining from her body. Her strength left her, her eyes are now blurred black spot were appearing; she lay there tiredness consuming everything. She was alarmingly pale.

Prius smiled when everything was ready. He laughed mockingly to the twins thinking that they can stop him from doing the ritual by completing the mating. No one can stop a powerful sorcerer like him.

He stood up outside the ritual circle and raises his arms wide open while chanting with ancient language. Dark shadow came out from his body while dark cloud suddenly appeared hiding the sun. The wind appears and encircled Lucille, the ground shook as if he was calling a demon from the underworld.

+++

Padruig watch as Prius doing the ritual. His hands were in fist making his nails pierce his palm drawing a blood from it. He knew Payne can survive; after all it was only the power was drain from him but Paige.

Paige was a different case.

It was blood.

He cursed silently. Now he knew who Kismet was referring to in the vision but he never thought that, it was today when the vision will come true. He felt his two men behind him ready to restrain him if he stupidly moves to walk towards the twins to help them and break the condition.

But damn he was ready to break the condition just to help the twins. The twins are like a daughter and son to him. He hasn't found his Lifemate and the news about the death of Vigo and Lucille is still fresh in his mind – the two people who have took a place in his heart, the two people who he trust and cared most, the two which treated him as a friend, a family.

Prius was doing the ritual no one moved, everyone just watch what was happening.

Padruig knew this ritual. He was one of the olds. He was there when the first dark sorcerer made this ritual, when the first time the darkness consumed a sorcerer, when the ritual shook the underworld, when the sun worshipper chooses to make the darkness his source of power - the darkness that no one can control even the gods.

He knew the result of this ritual. If this ritual was success and Prius resurrected Lucille there a huge possibility that Lucille will not be the same Lucille from the past and it was what he feared most.

When Prius finish the chanting the surrounding was become frightfully calm but the dark cloud still there refusing to let the sun light touches the ground.