Chapter 8

The Dramatic

"In an action film you act in the action, if it's a dramatic film you act in the drama."

 – Jean-Claude Van Damme

The time stops around them as they stared with each other. As if everyone around them vanish; as if they were not standing at the clearing full of naked Rouges corpses.

It took a lot of strength for her to avert her eyes and looked at Alpha Slade. She put her hand in her chest and bow slightly, "Alpha" calling the attention of her Alpha.

Alpha Slade looked at her and she can see in his eyes that he already knows it.

'Of course, he knew it!' She snorted mentally.

The bond was broken the moment she laid her eyes to the stranger. Her life is no longer bonded to Alpha Slade.

Alpha Slade cleared his throat knowing what is going on between the two. Once again he looked at them back and forth.

She bit her tongue hard enough to draw a metallic hot liquid just to restrain herself not to look at the stranger in the front of her. She wanted to flee and she never felt this way before.

"This is Alpha Shiloh's son" Alpha Slade finally decided to speak. He looked at her and lifted his hand to point the stranger, "Solomon, the next Alpha in line of Sage Pack"

Hearing his name bring chills in her spine – in a good way.

Then Alpha Slade looked at Solomon, "Solomon, meet – ... "

Before Alpha Slade could mention her name, he was interrupted by a multiple sound of footsteps earning an annoyed growled from Solomon.

Eaton and together with his team stood beside Alpha Slade, "Alpha, we already escort our guests to their rooms" he reported.

"Good" Alpha Slade nodded, "gather the corpses and burned it" he ordered.

As Alpha Slade finished giving instruction to Eaton and his team, she took it a sign for her to leave. "Please excuse me, Alpha" Once again she bows her head to Alpha Slade then next to Solomon. She took a quick glance just to see why he isn't moving; only to regret it, Solomon's eyes held her captive as he stared at her curiously – searching something in her face. She gulped the lump in her throat and took her remaining strength to turn around and walked away without looking back at them.

"Wait!" A thick accent called her making every cell in her body to stop.

'Don't stop! Don't stop! Don't stop!' she enchanted repeated in her head as she continue to walk away.

She knew by doing this she was disrespecting Solomon since he is the next Alpha of the Sage Pack, but who cares? She wanted to flee from him – far away from him.

She took off running as her feet touches the forest grassy floor until she reached the Wolfsbane flower. She sat down in her usual spot and took a deep breath letting the fragrant of the flower enter into her nares. 'Calm down' she frustratingly growled to herself.

There's something going on inside of her and she didn't know what that is; that man stirred something inside her and she hates it.

'Damn the fate!" she cussed, 'they really like playing someone life or shall I say, they love messing up with my life.'

She dares not to trust the things she saw.

'He's not my...' she shook her head as she couldn't say it, 'It's impossible, damn it!'

She didn't expect this to come – to happen. She never imagines that this day will come.

She closed her eyes, thinking that maybe it is because she's exhausted that's why she felt like this; if she rest then everything will be back to normal.

Or so she thought.

+++

The morning songs of the birds woke her up. She stood up seeing it's already dawn and went to pack house for breakfast.

As she entered the house, the unfamiliar scents were gone. She let out a breath that she unconsciously holding as she reaches the pack house. Their guest went home before dawn.

She walked straight to the kitchen and she was caught off guard seeing Solomon sitting comfortably in the table eating breakfast with Eaton and the others Sentinels.

'What the hell is he still doing here?!'

She forgot to put a block in the mind link causing everyone in the room shook in fear, hearing her rage voice in the mind link; It was their first time to hear her voice like that in their mind and it was tremendously terrifying.

Solomon senses her. He looked up and smile at her, "Good morning" He was unaware of the fears radiating from the people beside him. He was not part of Wolfsbane Pack that's why he didn't hear her rage in his mind. Everyone looked down avoiding her gaze unlike Solomon who was still smiling at her and wanted to meet her gaze.

She sighed realizing she unconsciously let her power out in the mind link. She pulled back her power and everyone stiff body become relax – a little.

She went to the counter to get a coffee while praying to all the god and goddess she know that he wouldn't realize that she was his...

wait! Since when did she learn how to pray?

'Damn!' she cursed – this time she block her mind link.

"Good you're here" Alpha Slade entered in the kitchen pointing at her. He too is unaware of what happen in the kitchen. "Solomon will be staying with us for a few weeks."

'What the hell?!' She shouted mentally to Alpha Slade through mind link as she looked at him frowning.

"Since tonight is the last night of full moon, many pups from different small packs will be coming tonight for the shift ceremony. As one of the largest pack, it is our responsibility to train them." Alpha Slade totally ignored her. "Solomon will be giving as a hand to help to train those newly shifts pups."

'We can perfectly train them without him' She objected Alpha Slade's decision for letting Solomon stay in the pack house.

'Don't be so dramatic' Alpha Slade exasperated through their mind link. Alpha Slade knew she was right; they can train the newly shifted pups without the help of Solomon.

'I'm not!' She snapped at him. She immediately poured coffee to her mug and left ignoring everyone in the kitchen, especially Solomon.

Upon reaching her room, she closed the door with forced and put the mug in the table. She tiredly sat down and massages her forehead.

'What's happening to me' she silently asking herself. 'The Fate really hates me'