Chapter 21

The Seal

"If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind."

― Shannon L. Alder

Paige found herself in the dining area again but this time they were eating dinner.

She was staring at her food when she heard the boy speak, "mom, are you okay?"

Paige looked up and stared at the woman who smiled weakly at the boy. The man beside the woman put his arms on the woman's shoulder and gently massages it.

"Your mom just tired." The man answered.

"Tired?" her mouth open before she could realize it, "why?" she stared at the man too and noticed a tired looked on his face too.

The two adults stared at each other before they looked at her. "Your mom and I went to our neighboring pack to help them heal their son"

"What happen to him?" the boy asked.

The man smiled weakly and looked at the boy, "He was attacked by the Rouge. The wound is fatal."

Paige gasped worries swallowed her, "Is he okay?"

The two adult looked at each other again and shared a knowing look then the man looked at her, "Yes Paige, he's alright"

She exhales feeling relief hearing that the son of the neighboring pack is alright. She frowned mentally asking why she would feel like that.

They continue eating their food and creating a small conversation.

+++

Solomon was seating at the couch near at the bed where Paige was lying. It's been a two weeks and Paige is still unconscious. Doc put an IV fluid so that the nutrients she need can easily enter in her system since she couldn't eat.

Solomon never left her side after Beta Nicholas left carrying an unconscious Eaton in his shoulder. They still never told him what they did inside the room after Alpha Slade pull him outside.

Solomon was reading a book when someone knocks on the door. "Come in" he said without leaving his eyes on the book he was reading.

"Sorry to disturb you Alpha Solomon but Alpha Slade needs you in the meeting right now." Eaton informed Solomon. Eaton stayed unconscious for three days and after that he never set his foot in the room until now.

Solomon nodded, "I'll be there in a minute"

+++

A loud bang echo in the house and Paige knew that door just shattered into pieces due to the strong impact.

They immediately stood up and the man pushes them behind him as the woman drew her and the boy to her side.

A large man entered the dining area and bow at the presence of the man, "Alpha, we are under attack" the large man said. Paige saw the large man's shirt was ripped and there are stains of blood on it.